1-din infotainment upgrade for 599 - now available | FerrariChat

1-din infotainment upgrade for 599 - now available

Discussion in '612/599' started by Wheels1, Mar 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Came from Ferrari.com today.

Touch screen, built-in navigator, Bluetooth connection, compatible with all multimedia files: these are just a few features of the infotainment system designed for the F355 Berlinetta, F355 Spider, 360 Modena, 360 Spider, 599 GTB, 599 GTO and 612 Scaglietti models.

Ferrari Genuine Newsletter Infotainment March 2015 - Ferrari GT - en-EN
    Sounds expensive with rear view camera!

2. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    In my eyes these flip-out displays are an absolute no-go.

3. imcarnuts

imcarnuts Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2011
    Steeler Country
    Full Name:
    Duffy
    I see the unit is made by Clarion. I attempted to put a Clarion flip-out unit in my previous 599 that already had an aftermarket unit. The unit had to protrude way out in order for the flip up screen to open far enough due to the air vents. You couldn't close the radio cover. I would be interested in this if it fit cleanly so cover would close AND I could set it to what I want - sirius station, iPod etc. - and then close the unit. Unless using navigation of course but how often do I take the GTO if I don't know where I'm going. Also would have to be installed so could be returned back to original with no signs of having been altered. That's a lot of "ifs".

4. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    That is the link I was looking for.

Thanks for so much for posting.

5. SierraBravo

SierraBravo Karting

Jul 13, 2014
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Showing my age I guess, but the only time I use the infotainment system is when my wife makes me. Too distracting when I'm concentrating on that V12 music!

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Have you ever tried to use a 599 sat Nav?

I checked the price today and so far I was quoted £2200 plus vat, but they are getting back to me to see if they can do do a better price, I also asked for a price from another dealer just for the unit and fitting kit to compare, i will let you know how I get on.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Total agreement.

And yes, I use the 599 nav regularly without really any problems.

I simply hate the aftermarket look.

8. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    While driving? No. Aside this, I find it not more inconvenient than some others and use it without problems if needed.