612 short lived | FerrariChat

612 short lived

Discussion in '612/599' started by Acrisis, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Acrisis

Acrisis Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Seattle wa
    Full Name:
    George
    #1 Acrisis, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Moved on this weekend after only 3 short months of ownership. Porsche of Bellevue wa got a great car though it just was not for me. Took ownership of a highly optioned low miles 13 911S and love it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Interesting - tell us why.

3. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I traded my 612 for a 458 after a few months. Loved it but wasn't the adrenaline that I wanted and couldn't keep it and get another F-car.

Btw .. That Porsche looks exactly like my 991 S (aero kit, same wheels, glass roof)! Twins -

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Why tell a ferrari forum that you traded an F car for a P car ? We aren't interested in garden variety objects with rear engines, that's a different forum.

5. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    I'm interested. Was planning on a 612 to compliment the Scud but in the meantime I've "accidentally" ordered a GT3RS. I still haven't driven a 612 though and the RS is for 2016 delivery so the decision could still be reversed.

6. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Great looking 991 S. Congrats.

7. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I believe some of the 911 S models come with the 7-speed manual.

Which transmission did you get?

8. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Mine is a 7 speed manual.

9. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Good for you. :)

I recently saw one at FCI in Greensboro - very impressive.

I think its going to be tough choice between your 911 and the upcoming 6-Speed MT-Only Cayman GT-4. (911 GT-3 is PDK only now).

One of these would go nicely with my 612. :)

10. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Gorgeous car. I love the wheels and the duck tail spoiler! Congrats.

11. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Great choice ! I miss my 911's almost every day as they are IMHO the best daily drivers. Can ALWAYS get another car, whether F car or whatever. Do what makes you happy. It really is just a car.

12. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Speak for yourself. I think it's cool and love to hear different thoughts on different cool cars.

13. SierraBravo

SierraBravo Karting

Jul 13, 2014
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

I think a true car guy should be respectful of every other car guys ride.

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    +100 to this.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, I managed to stifle myself on this one, so should be easy to do.

16. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    congrats George. it was a nice 612. enjoy the 991. drive it in good health!

17. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Have a 991 Carrera 4S w/ 7sp MT as a daily driver -- great car, fast, fun, reliable. But, not a Ferrari. One doesn't get the "tingling" feeling when you turn the key and hear that beautiful exhaust noise, like Hammond on Top Gear once said, there is always a sense of "exhilaration and nervousness" every time you drive a F car. Plus, after 2-3 hours in the 911 your arse starts missing those wonderfully comfortable Daytona seats in the Scag. The 612 and the (911 / 430 / 458 -- fill in the blank) are complementary, but the 612 can do sports car much better than 911 can do luxury GT if that makes sense.

18. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Porsche of Bellevue's listing for the 612 shows a Grigio Ingrid image with a description saying exterior color is black. Not much in the way of info a Ferrari buyer would want to know. What did they give you on trade?

19. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I'll keep my mouth shut if I see another F car to P car thread, now that I've been chastised by Taz. Apologies to the OP.

20. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Can't imagine anything worse than the Wrath of Taz! :)

21. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I see both sides, but my opinion is that the thread is just on the sunny side of trolling. There was no feedback or review provided, completely useless thread that's caused nerves and seems intended to stir the pot. Since he actually bought the 612 and wasn't satisfied, I can appreciate his need and right to vent a little in a 612 forum, but it should have included feedback as contribution. Otherwise this doesn't even rate as a rant.

22. Acrisis

Acrisis Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Seattle wa
    Full Name:
    George
    Thank you. Fyi I shared the pic of the 911 to show my new ride. Being a member of Fchat and following the 612 forum for some time I guess felt gave me the right to post. Get over yourselves if offended.
    Those that know me know I drive and dump cars on a regular basis. They really mean nothing to me...The 612 was shortest ownership ever. I usually hold them for 1 year but just could not stand the driver position in this car.
    Short or long trips my right leg would ache or go numb. Tried to get around this positioning the seat different and found that with my foot canted at an angle the leg ache went away though on spirited romps my foot would get wedged between the accelator and floor board pinning the throttle. So with that I would choose to drive one of my other cars.
    Other rants...
    F-1 in a 2007 is tiresome to drive in traffic or around town. Brakes are good but not great for a car of this size. Brake moan at times when coming to a stop if normal was not IMHO fitting to a car of this caliber.
    Backup beeper drove me NUTSO! Though I am sure someone has figured out a way to disable it. T gear selector was comical to most that sat in the car.
    Stock radio was a joke, I added an Alpine though felt it made the car look cheap .. But hey I now had pandora on demand and BT hands free phone.
    Lastly I felt it only looked good viewed from certain angles...rear and side from angle.
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this post...life got in the way.

There you have my quick "in a nutshell" reason why I dumped the 612. It just was not for me.
    The 911 however 500 miles later is still is a pleasure to drive and looks pretty damb good!

23. Melanzane

Melanzane Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Florida
    A 911GT3rs is like comparing Apples to Starfruit.