Bought a 599 HGTE (turn it into an Aperta?) | FerrariChat

Bought a 599 HGTE (turn it into an Aperta?)

Discussion in '612/599' started by CP Shrl, Apr 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    Hello all,

Recently bought a beautiful 599 HGTE through San Fran Ferrari (Great experience by the way).

I am aware of a coach building company in the Netherlands that can do high end build outs turning a 599 into an Aperta. Is anyone aware of such a company in the states that can offer this?

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    #2 Redneck Slim, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    You could call Newport Convertible Engineering in Huntington Beach,CA. They are starting to make 599 convertibles.

3. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    thank you guys

4. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I don't know these guys, but their web site is a little dishonest. One of the renderings they show is from a design done by a poster here--he has designed a few concept cars, and I would think that the web site does not have permission to use the rendering. Also, one of the photos used in the website is a SuperAmerica. It is shown as a "Ferrari Convertible."

I'd be cautious. A higher level of professionalism is something I'd like before letting someone cut the top off my $200K car.

5. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    Agreed. Apparently they are releasing something at Pebble Beach. Want to take a look at actual work before sending my car off for third world surgery essentially.

Any idea on how this would effect the rigidity of the car for light track events? Obviously the car was not fitted with strengthening beams to maintain the flex.