612 Red Fender Shield | FerrariChat

612 Red Fender Shield

Discussion in '612/599' started by cvy612hgtc, May 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cvy612hgtc

cvy612hgtc Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    HONG KONG
    Hi Folks, I have a 2007 612 with the HGTC package and it came with 19" ball polished rims. Bought it used and it had red caps on the wheels as well as red fender shields. Anybody know if there is anything special about it being red? Never saw red shields before, only yellow. Is it a 50th anniversary thing? There is a 50th anniversary badge inside the car.

Anyway, changed wheels to 20" ball polished 599 wheels (they look so much better!) with yellow caps which match well with the brake calipers. So now thinking of changing the shields to yellow as well to match. But still curious as to whether there is anything special about the Red shields.

Doing this from phone and can't post pics but will try later from computer.

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #2 southnc, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Are you going to demonstrate the red shields?

4. cvy612hgtc

cvy612hgtc Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    HONG KONG
    Sorry my mistake, I meant 60th Anniversary NOT 50th! I have the same 60th anniversary badge inside the car.

5. cvy612hgtc

cvy612hgtc Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    HONG KONG
    #5 cvy612hgtc, May 6, 2015
    Here are pics of the:
    1. red shield close-up
    2. red shield with the original 19" ball polished rims with the red center caps
    3. close up of original 19" ball polished rims
    4. recent photo of 599 20" rims installed with red shield

Really just wondering if there is anything unique about the Red Shield or if perhaps it was just a custom request from the original owner. Thinking of getting yellow shields.

Interestingly, the hood badge was originally yellow too.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. cvy612hgtc

cvy612hgtc Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    HONG KONG
    southnc, forgot to mention that those carbon fender shields and wheels caps look badass on the Silverstone. Nice. :D

7. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Yeah, the red shields look absolutely goofy with the yellow calipers. Not sure what they were thinking there.

8. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
  9. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I don't know why anyone would put red shields and wheel centercaps on a car with yellow calipers, they clash bigtime

I'm pretty sure the red shields are not a factory item either, but I would go out on a limb and say that with certain color combinations, they may be desirable to someone so you can certainly sell them off. They're kind of nifty in fact and I'm sure someone would be interested in them in concert with the red wheel center caps.

The Carbon Fiber shields are a Great look- Ferrari does offer them, although they are rare to find on a car. Interestingly also is that you can pick up the hood ornament on the nose of the car in Carbon Fiber as well, although I don't think that's a genuine part- that's an aftermarket item I believe, but very Cool.

10. cvy612hgtc

cvy612hgtc Rookie

Mar 17, 2015
    HONG KONG
    #10 cvy612hgtc, Jun 14, 2015
    Looks like the red shields and centre caps were options. I found an accessories brochure that shows the red centre caps. Have replaced the centre caps with yellow ones. The shields will be replaced during my next servicing. May see if anybody interested in the red shields or red caps.

11. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I know the red center caps were an option - I changed my to the carbon ones, which are the most expensive unfortunately.

However, I am only aware of either Yellow or Carbon Shields. I've never hears of red shields.

12. xrs2

xrs2 Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    McDonald's employee?

13. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Agreed, the factory never did red shields