Another 599 GTO For Sale | FerrariChat

Another 599 GTO For Sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by Nelsonc275, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Here is another gorgeous 599 GTO for sale. We have all noticed that all GTOs for sale have increased asking prices vs what they were 3-6 months ago. I can't find one for sale under $700K even with 3,000 + miles. My question is, does anyone have record of any of these GTOs actually selling at these asking prices? Personally, I think these asking prices are justifiable because of how amazing the GTO is, but I just want to know your opinion on the $200K +/- jump in asking prices recently.

Thanks

Used 2011 FERRARI 599 GTO For Sale | Fort Lauderdale FL | VIN: ZFF70RCAXB0177201

2. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    599 GTO cartel.

Google it.

You'll find NOTHING.

Cause there's no such thing.

Right ?

Right !

3. Woppum

Woppum Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
  4. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Such a fantastic spec, inside and out.

Hope Romo picks this up so we can keep tabs on it :)

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    With the exception of $150K premiums allegedly paid by some when the GTO was initially introduced, GTO prices have been were flat at MSRP from 2010 through most of 2014. GTO's are only now seeing appreciation and my purely speculative guess is that the GTO will only rise in value, regardless of the overall health in the economy (unless of course there is an economic debacle).

So long as there are wealthy people who appreciate: a 1. rare limited edition car 2. challenging driver 3. extremely high performance parameters 4. extraordinarily amazing sounding 599XX derived engine 5. normally aspirated engine (no turbos, superchargers or electric motors) etc. - the GTO will always be well regarded and thus highly sought after.

I know of 2 GTO's that sold in 2015 in the 6's with one being in the high 6's. I sincerely do not think a GTO is overpriced at $1M today but then again I'm a bit biased. Anybody who is a car person appreciates the GTO. As an example, this past Sunday I had my way with a new Vanquish Volante (the Vanquish is gorgeous car with a very nice sounding V12) and you'd be amazed at how in utter awe the Vanquish owner was of how my GTO exploded into a ball of fury against his pride and joy. Regardless of whom observes the GTO all are in awe of its sound and power. When introduced in 2010 the GTO truly represented the highest form of extreme normally aspirated performance of any car in the World ! IMHO it is still to this day recognized and respected as such.

I said it before and I stick by my prediction - our GTO's will on average be worth approx. $1M+ at the 10 year mark and probably $2M+ at the 20 year mark. I hope I'm wrong and that they are worth even more, but I for one would not sell my baby for even $1M right now. What normally aspirated V12 modern sports car could I get to replace her performance envelope for $1M let alone $700K ? I'm not interested in a super car powered by turbos, SC's or electric motors so what are my options ?

6. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    + 1
    Absolutely. the price of GTO will worth even more and more in the future as people start to compare the 599 GTO to other limited edition F-Car. 599 GTO is not even comparable to any other V12 F-Car even modern F12. Driving 599 GTO has different feel and soul. I just don't know how to describe in words.

7. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That is a stunningly beautiful spec!

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Stunning car with a beautiful interior!

9. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I'd wait until this fall when the F12 GTO will be relieved before paying that premium. I have a feeling some guys are trying to cash out before it is made official the 599 GTO was just a first in a latest series of top shelf trim level for the V12 GT cars.

10. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Wont be called GTO....

11. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I have owned mine since new and my admiration for my GTO is second to none. But when it comes to the large increase in the selling price over the last couple of months I have my doubts. I have a feeling that a large number of the GTO's currently for sale at $725K+ are consignment cars which I consider different than owned dealership cars. An owner can put any price he wants on a GTO and can hope he gets his price. The dealership is simply getting a commission on the sale and beyond marketing the car he has no iron in the fire as they say. When a dealer actually purchases a GTO he has to pay out of pocket for the car in either cash and or trade and hopes he can make enough of a profit on the car to carry it. I know you can say who cares whose selling it if the sales price is paid. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think there are many buyers at that $700K+ price and I believe that a dealer would pay much less if you tried to sell it to them direct and that price in my mind is the actual value of the car not what a current owner believes he can get for one in todays market.

12. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    I have heard that there will be an F12 GTO. Pretty good source too. We will see, but it won't lessen my admiration of my 599GTO.

13. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I can't argue with your logic but I will say that there are more buyers than sellers. I also know that the days of finding a US spec GTO for MSRP are over and we will NEVER see those prices again barring another 2008 financial debacle. I'd also say that prices for GTO's, like the rest of the modern V12 limited F car series products (i.e.. 550B, 575SA, etc.) have risen dramatically in the past 6 months. With respect to US spec GTO's I know for a fact that one of the extremely low mileage GTO's for sale now has turned down a $725K offer. I know this because I am very interested in acquiring a 2nd GTO. There are 4 GTO's publicly for sale in the US now. Its not like there are a lot of choices for buyers out there. The choice is simply to wait for a different product as I don't think 4-5 year old $450K-$500K MSRP GTO's being priced at $700K can be characterized as a bubble (in 2015). Maybe 599 GTO prices will crash when the mythical F12 GTO is introduced .... conversely when it becomes obvious that there will be no F12 GTO all of the naysayers will clamor for the 599 GTO (yet again).

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I would like to own a 599 GTO and maybe will someday I considered buying one when I got my F12 allocation at the time maybe a year ago there were about a dozen cars on the market as i recall with a high of maybe 560 or so and a low of 480 or so for car with 8 or9 thousand miles on it ..
    SO I have been watching ever since.. I think the car is worth in the 600s for most of them.. now is it worth 700 today maybe time will tell .. and maybe much more.. Problem is I have a hard time speculating on cars that are only a few years old and have not gone through a cycle yet.. It seems to easy for the factory to dive in and drop the value ... I mean they sell brand new F12s for 380 or so if all they have to do is make a few changes and double the price seems to easy for them to capitalize on it..
    FOr example which would I feel better paying over 700 k for a daytona or a GTO .. ...
    FOr now I guess i should have bought one at 550 would I sell it if I had it for the 700 or so probably not...
    weather or not the factory cares if they keep the GTO name sacred I doubt it they only benefit from new car sales....
    so buy one at what ever price you want and enjoy it maybe you sell it for a fortune or maybe not if you are ok with that then who cares what the value is....

15. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I heard the exact opposite from the sale manager of my US dealer. He said to me what specifically is the factory basing the F12 GTO on ? Meaning the 599 GTO was specifically based on the 599 XX and is a road legal version of same. He did say that a "tuned" F12 version would be forthcoming but it will unequivocally NOT be called a GTO. Insiders don't expect to employ the GTO badge for another 20 years. There is a staggering amount of unverifiable information and utter speculation about the stats and badging of the tuned F12. If the factory did employ the GTO badge for an F12 it would require some substantive justification. Ferrari claimed that our 599 GTO's were homologated street legal versions of the track only 599 XX. How do you justify a GTO badge on an F12 ? Again the naysayers will claim its just marketing kitsch but to those who have been in both 599 GTB and the 599 GTO its like night and day as far as driving character. An F12 GTO will need to be a complete re-write and since there is no F12 XX there is nothing to base an F12 GTO on. The 599 GTO is a keeper for a million reasons and I just don't think the factory will churn out the GTO badge for some random tuned car. The factory needs an actual legitimate basis, from a historical and legacy perspective, to badge a vehicle a GTO. From 1962 through 2011 only 910 GTO's (if you believe factory numbers) have been produced and that is actually total Worldwide production. That the factory will employ the GTO moniker again nobody should doubt. That they will employ it with an F12 I'd respectfully submit that there is no chance of that happening.

16. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I think this rumour started from the fact that the new F12 is loosely being referred to at the factory as 'GTO' implying a stripped down version, the official name has yet to be finalised and it will not be GTO. I think there is a much greater chance of it being called the F12 Speciale than F12 GTO.....

17. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Only 1 rhd 599 GTO for sale in UK apparently sold for £700,000 ! That's double what it cost new. Simple supply and demand

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Remember, Luca isn't there any more and the company is facing financial pressures. I read they were seriously considering moving headquarters to the UK.

Anything is possible. From the WSJ-

"At the time of the sale announcement, Fiat Chrysler Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said Ferrari would pay a dividend before the spinoff, but no mention was made of the amount. Mr. Marchionne, who is also chairman of Ferrari, plans to transfer an unspecified amount of debt to Ferrari.

The Ferrari sale and spinoff is part of a plan to raise funds to help finance €48 billion in investments to develop more than two dozen new models over five years. Other extraordinary measures announced by Fiat Chrysler last month include a $2.5 billion convertible bond maturing in 2016 and the sale of some of its own shares, both of which are slated to take place before the end of the year."

19. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    If Ferrari wants to maximize profitability they should focus on less production and higher prices. How to effectuate this objective ? Gauge support for a limited run of something like a LaF Spider. I'd think a limited run of 599 LaF spiders would sell out pretty quickly at a base price of $1.5M-$1.6M. The buyers might be primarily LaF coupe purchasers and add in another 500+ or so legitimate prospective purchasers that missed an opportunity to buy a LaF coupe. There's a billion plus in sales right there. Another suggestion is an F12 spider - also in a limited run of say 999 cars or so. An F12 spider could base at approx. $400K. There's another $400M+ in new sales (probably $500M when the vehicles are optioned out). There are many ways for Ferrari to stay fresh and cutting edge yet still preserve their spectacular legacy as the greatest sports car company in the history of mankind and most importantly stay profitable for shareholders.

20. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
    Ok. Sorry. Didn't mean to get you all worked up. I just had heard it from a source I thought would know (perhaps a bit more in the know than your sales manager). My point was that for me I don't care if they call it a GTO. It potentially may lessen the value of my GTO but won't lessen my enjoyment of it.

21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK

I think it's inevitable that Ferrari will expand its portfolio. SM will have seen long ago the explosion of revenue and profit created by Volkswagen Group through the remarkably clever expansion of their top marques into clever sub-segments. For me, I look at Lambo to see where Ferrari will probably go. Bentley, Porsche and Audi are not in Ferrari's peer group. But VW's Lambo is. So if VW successfully launch extensions for Lambo, watch Ferrari follow, and follow they should. "Pinin" Farina was once asked if he used focus groups to help shape his designs. The great man said no, he said the mark of a great designer is to take people to places they hadn't thought of (look at how Steve Jobs literally changed the world on 9th Jan 2007 with the launch of the iphone, other firms had made phones for years, Steve changed everything without research). We can't possibly know what we will or wont accept until Ferrari launches into a segement, or creates a new one of its own. If it nails whatever it decides, then we will all gush and light up FerrariChat. If not, SM will be trashed and LdM will return through the gates as Emperor again lol. But Ferrari as a marque will have no choice but to experiment with its brand equity, and it should.

Btw, two other related things. First, my dealer principal in a call to me referred unprompted to the forthcoming F12 (Q2 16 delivery) as the F12 Speciale.

Second, and apologies for sounding completely OTT (if not here, where?! :) ) but had my "new" F50 delivered last week and drove it and my 599 GTO very hard back to back yesterday. I've gone to auto heaven.....the F50 is complex, subtle, challenging, it's loud, all around you. I feel it will take me ages to discover its obviously enormous capability. It is sublime. And then there is the 599 GTO. That car. This is a crap analogy but stepping from an F50 to a 599 GTO must be like stepping from the beauty, artistry, smells, sounds and raw sensitivity of a P-51 Mustang into the mind-boggling intensity that's a F-22 Raptor.

Why is the 599 GTO worth every one of its increasing pennies? Because while it is entirely different from an F50, like its older sibling, it is already one of the greats.

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa

YOu say the 599 is one of the greats .. what is this based on .... In all seriousness and not meant to inflame anyone just seems like a strong statement for a 4 year old car???
    Re the upcoming F12 I have been told by my salesman it would be F12 Speciale or similar

23. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    "Mind boggling intensity that's a F22 Raptor" - that says it all !

24. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Larry,

Nobody can know what the future holds. IMHO that most GTO owners who keep their steed for more than just a few months are absolutely in love with their car says a lot. Even with all of her quirks there is no other modern normally aspirated sports car that has as its sound, personality and demeanor. Does that guarantee future classic status ? Of course not. It does mean that the GTO has a very devoted following among those that appreciate her innumerable qualities and traits. It should also go without saying that with only 599 units produced for worldwide production its future classic status is much more likely to happen. Same goes for the 550B and 575SA. I'd also think that an F12 owner, like yourself, might really appreciate a GTO if you could get some significant seat time in one for comparison purposes.