Fair Price for Luggage | FerrariChat

Fair Price for Luggage

Discussion in '612/599' started by Piper, May 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Piper, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All,

I have the luggage that came from my 599, was planning on keeping as a memento. The guy who bought my car has been super nice, but I didn't sell him the luggage. I did though end up telling him about it. It's either going with him and staying with the car or I'm keeping it. Anyway, having a hard time determining a fair price. What say you?

Thanks in advance...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

I would put it in the car and let the buyer have it as a bonus. Maybe you'll get good Karma back next time you search for a replacement car.

3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Or maybe I'll put a few bills in my kids college funds. Thanks.

4. Spoiled599

Spoiled599 Rookie

Feb 18, 2015
  5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It didn't really "come" with the car like a toolkit or the car cover or something. Someone, either Piper or the original owner, had to buy the luggage separately. Nothing wrong with selling it separately.

I wouldn't say the same thing about the owner's manual pouch, for instance.

6. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Which conveyed, as did everything else except these keepsakes from my perfect car. They're worth something to me. I'm compromising considering letting them go at all.

7. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
  8. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Are they beige or cuoio?

1) Should you decide not to send them along with the car...
    and
    2) if you decide not to keep them yourself...
    and
    3) if you decide to sell them here...

I'm interested in them :)

9. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Work out a deal with the buyer of your car - they get to stay with the car and you get some compensation (which is fair). Unless you consider getting another 599 down the road, they will just take up space, and at some point your wife will get tired of them (I know mine would) :) What is fair is between you and the buyer... 50% of MSRP?

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmmm, I don't know. If the luggage came with the car when he bought it, then I'm thinking it should go with the car. Of course there's nothing wrong with factoring in the value of the luggage when pricing the car.

11. Flint Ironstag

Flint Ironstag Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Houston, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Harris
    No sense keeping custom luggage for a vehicle you no longer own; I say let the luggage go with the car so he can enjoy it as you did.

As for price; if you like the guy and feel he will be a good steward to your car, throw it in free.

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think I have seen the full set sell for $5000, so for the 2 parcel shelf bags maybe $800-1000?

13. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    PM sent ...

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks, guys. Appreciate the PM's as well. They're either staying with me or going with my car. I sold the car because I'm concerned about business and also needed a car that the whole family could enjoy, including me. So it was a sad thing to see her go. I either want something to remember her by, or I'll let the new owner have them, but under the circumstances should get something for them just because. Just to answer, they are cuoio with white contrast stitching, but as I said they're either staying here or going back to the car.

15. Espadon

Espadon Rookie

Aug 23, 2011
    I would sell them to the buyer of the car.
    They are not particularly handy for somebody who has a different car and are very difficult to get when you get a 599 without them...
    $1000 for those 2 pieces seem fair tom me and you'll make a happy buyer!

16. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Keep them. I love and use the Ferrari luggage on club driving trips. It is absolutely wonderful to use and will be enjoyable for decades, even if used sparingly only a few times each year.

The secondary market depreciates these heavily, say about 75% down from MSRP meaning you will get nowhere near retail. $800 for two is generous on Ebay which is bottom feeding. It depends on what you are into them for (free when you bought car?) and unless you need the money or don't have the storage space then I would definitely hang onto them and use as intended - they are really that nice!