what battery for the 599? | FerrariChat

what battery for the 599?

Discussion in '612/599' started by odf911, May 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Any advice on battery for the 599? I had to change mine (Yuasa HSB096) after 6 months and though I have kept the new one under CTek charge 3 days a week, it seems to lose power faster and faster ... anyone has experience with Odyssey batteries? any better?

2. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    Not had any personal experience however most discussions about batteries on this forum end up recommending either Interstate, Braille or Odyssey.

3. tobymax

tobymax Rookie

Nov 1, 2009
    Franklin, MI
    Are there any instructions on how to remove and replace battery in 2009 599

4. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Also had similar experience (Yuasa) until the battery died after 6 months. I had it replaced under warranty. I now try to drive the car every week if I can and so far so good. I guess if the battery gets discharged completely to many times, it just does not perform any more and that can be quick. Btw, I also live in the borough, what color is your 599?

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Olivier- The battery FIAMM recommends is the L3 80+ Titanium+ EcoForce. You should be able to cross-reference that to a good Bosch battery. Or just go with the FIAMM, which is actually quite a good battery. The original OEM batteries in Ferraris usually get trashed sitting around in ports and at dealerships, but are good batteries.