F of Newp. Beach sells two white sisters for a crazy combined price of $.2,325,000 | FerrariChat

F of Newp. Beach sells two white sisters for a crazy combined price of $.2,325,000

Discussion in '612/599' started by dcmetro, May 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    White GTO : $725,000

2011 Ferrari 599 GTO Base - Newport Beach California area Ferrari dealer near Los Angeles California ? New and Used Ferrari dealership Long Beach Anaheim Van Nuys California

White Aperta : $1,600,000

2011 Ferrari 599 SA Aperta Base - Newport Beach California area Ferrari dealer near Los Angeles California ? New and Used Ferrari dealership Long Beach Anaheim Van Nuys California

ROMO's garage is going to be nicknamed "FORT KNOX"

Prices are simply going crazy.

The Rosso Dino Aperta that was for sale a few month ago for $1,000,000 was already mad.

$1,600,000 is just unreal.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    WOW. That is really amazing. Prices are really going crazy huh. Well, good for the sellers and hopefully good for the new owners too.

3. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Absolutely ludicrous.

4. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Did they actually sell at those prices, or just asking? Can't tell from the website.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So far it's asking.

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Its only crazy if you don't appreciate the driving experience. I can't speak to the 599 SA but with respect to the GTO I can't think of ANY other cars that I'd want below $1.5M (at a bare minimum - think 918 or F40). When a 12 year old Enzo sells for $2M-$3M+ and even "lowly" 575SA/550B's (they are not really "lowly" just using as a point of reference) are getting $400K-$500K (when you could have bought them year ago for $200K-$250K) who am I/we to argue with the market ? What most of us fail/refuse to recognize/understand is that ALL of these puppies are very limited production V12 F cars that invariably create their own little niche market. For some that has tens of millions or even hundreds of millions of dollars and also wants a pair of spectacular looking white bookends in his/her garage can we really fault them for choosing these 2 spectacular F of Newport cars ? If the were priced at $1M for both or even $5M for both there would inevitably be naysayers on both sides of the AP spectrum - to inexpensive to be valuable, to overpriced to have upside blah blah blah. Just saying that many of us just want to DRIVE these cars and thats what this is all about right ? The GTO probably has an MSRP of $475K-$500K (just a guess). Is it really such a shock and awe situation that the car has an AP of approx. 45%-50% approx. 4-5 years after delivery ? The velvet hammer GTO should be priced at $1M TODAY ! Is see no capitulation from the "market" on the GTO as those who own and DRIVE their GTO's by and large do NOT want to sell and truly appreciate their extreme personalities. So IMHO the GTO is underpriced. Read back this thread in 5-6 years and see how the market values the GTO. It will be exactly like those who said remember when we could have bought that F40 for a $495K AP in 2009 ? You read it and weep.

7. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    +1

8. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    After I drove the aperta, I think aperta > my gto, but nothing's worth a mill, unless its a laf.
    but will I sell my gto if given a mill, very likely.

9. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    My time driving the SA Aperta has been absolutely EPIC! I can try to explain the explain ALL the emotions the car creates when driving it, BUT there's nothing I could adequately opine that would do the driving experience justice.
    It's by far the single best car I've had the pleasure to drive and own and by no means is this a slight to driving the other GTO's I own. As an additional kicker, with my cost basis of $942K in the SA Aperta, I'm even that much more happy with the car!
    It's 75 a sunny in the Washington DC area and I'll be trolling around in the car with no destination in mind but rather a simple joy ride for a few hours today!
    Cheers fellow Fchatters! :)

10. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Get ready to sell then.....will get there sooner than you think! :)

11. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    u lucky bastard u ;)
    I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know why the aperta drives more immediate and more responsive than the gto, even with its skinny tires and "normal" suspension, it even sounds better with the roof up. it's weird, but I guess that's worth the price difference.
    an aperta with bigger rims = perfection.

it's also interesting that ferrari never bothers to "sell pitch" their cars, especially the special editions, they leave it to the owners and people who drove them to talk about it.
    it practically sells itself.

http://rennlist.com/forums/rennpository-video-clips-and-other-in-line-videos/857122-my-gto.html

12. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I concur 100% ! Nobody can "value" these material things until they feel the intangible emotion that these cars have on us. Some are just more special than others. That your 599 SA Aperta has more of an affect on you than the GTO's is a testament to how truly special the SA Aperta is. That there are only 80 in the World means that there simply isn't ANYBODY in the World who doesn't want to experience that feeling you received from driving your SA Aperta today. I'll say it out loud ..... you are one lucky SOB with impeccable taste in the finest cars ever made. Good for you.

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I still haven't understood who's the owner of all those crazy ferraris in your Rennlist threads

14. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thanks Stephen!

15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Strikes me as more of a collector's gotta-have-em-all car than anything else at those prices, maybe even just speculators. Why doesn't a collector -- one with $1.6M to spend on such a car -- already have one?

918, LF, Zonda, or Aptera... not sure the last one would even be on my radar.

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sounds like a good day at the dealership. The salesman will be eating steak tonight.

17. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    A lot more people with money compared to cars available.......plus the more expensive they get the more desirable they become.....human nature.

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    ^ Exactly right.

19. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Well said and an accurate depiction of what we are witnessing with the Ferrari limited edition made car market. When the proverbial "bubble bursts" and we all know it will at some point, car values will get re-calibrated as history has validated. In the meantime, enjoy the cars and the implied equity unless you buying or have bought low and selling at a greater price. Cheers!

20. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've missed my own Cars & Coffee, the one I helped start out here in Leesburg, the last three weeks running for more important family events. Took my daughter to Kings Dominion yesterday. But I think I'll make it next Sunday. Can I entice you to bring her out to Leesburg C&C Sunday morning? 9 kinds of coffee, a top grocery full of breakfast items and an Eggspectations next door if that doesn't do it for ya :) Whaddaya say?

21. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The GTO is a bargain at half the price of the aperta;)

22. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    NO disagreement from me one bit on your statement. But simply from a quantifiable and investment standpoint, my GTO's have gone up approximately 43% over the past year using my cost basis whereas the SA Aperta has gone up 68% using the same formula.

The good news is ALL of the GTO's owners (especially original owners) are seeing their cars appreciate wildly.... :)

23. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I'd say I would love to attend a future event as we have three games on the schedule already set up for my 9 year old son this Sunday. I will make it out to one of your C&C soon and THANKS for the invite...! :)

24. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Make sure you give me a heads up if you're coming so I don't miss it :) I'm also all about the kids these days.

25. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If I was worth $20m Id pay $1.6m for an Aperta no problem. Even if the value drops in half over time Ive lost $800k..big deal. If Im worth $20m I make that in a month.

People lose perspective when they see these big dollar purchases. They tend to only think relative to their own net worth.