escalator UP !!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

escalator UP !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '612/599' started by msdesignltd, Jun 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  2. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    thats a GTO; imho insanely overpriced, but will see, if prices remain in that region.

Sent from my iphone with Tapatalk

3. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    They are Already trading above 700k...

4. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Yes true that has become the market ask lately

Mostly the market has come to a stop but some models are still coasting to a halt- GTO's just seemed to need to find their niche given all the other relative price rising activity

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Least expensive US spec GTO for sale (publicly). I know of 3 other GTO's that traded in the 700K+ range over the past 60 days.

6. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Thats what I thought until I realized that a year ago I bought my GTO for the same price that I could have paid for BOTH a 575SA AND a 550B ! Now the 575SA and 550B trade in the $400K-$500K range (for each model) while the GTO is "only" in the $700K range. So IMHO, quantitatively speaking, the GTO needs to hit the $900K mark (at a bare minimum) to have the same appreciation that cars like the 575SA and 550B have had over the past year (or so). One might argue that our GTO's are a bargain now compared to the rocket appreciation of other limited F cars. My 2 cents.

7. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    That opportunity has passed. There are no bargains

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Interesting how you see the GTO as being underpriced and not the other two...
    One could have very easily drawn the conclusion that the other two were really cheap and you actually bought the more expensive car..
    Btw, I have no interest in the price debate, in fact there is so much of it going around in all the sub-forums that my mind has kinda become numb towards it.
    Oh and I absolutely love the GTO, have done so since the moment I heard its banshee wail for the first time all the way back in 2010.

9. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    +1

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It has a stripe. Therefore value justified:).

There are not many cars even at that price that come close to it.

11. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    It has a stripe. Therefore value justified:).

There are not many cars even at that price that come close to it.

12. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    The inference that I purchased the more expensive car and lost out on the price appreciation of the 575SA and 550B is accurate to a tee. Candidly, I'd do it again. The 575SA and 550B were on my radar when I had a 458 Italia as my DD and wanted a V12 droptop as a companion car. While they are nice cars the GTO is in a completely different performance echelon. As you say, all you need do is hear that GTO banshee wail and you WILL fall in love. I'm still perplexed as to why other cars can't bottle that banshee wail sound. There is just simply no other street legal car in the World that sounds like our GTO's when hammering through the gears. I'm interested in hearing the new F12 VS (or whatever she will be called) soundtrack. Obviously more HP and performance than a GTO but we don't just buy raw #'s do we ? Its that visceral intangible feeling that makes me sport wood every time I hop in my GTO. If somebody could just bottle that intangible feeling they'd become a trillionaire !