599 engine | FerrariChat

599 engine

Discussion in '612/599' started by kiwifaza, Jun 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hi can anyone suggest some dismantlers/ salvage/ breakers, that may have a complete 599 engine
    regards todd

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You could ask Le Cheval Casse in France - there's a couple in UK Douglas Valley & Charles Trent and another couple in Germany (one is M&M I think) - all are on Ebay not necessarily breaking 599s but other Ferraris so its worth looking there or on Google & asking - also http://www.eurospares.co.uk/breaking2.asp?page=149

3. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    thanks for your help ,we have an engine that has failed due to poor judgement/human error
    Cheers Todd

4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Here ya go mate, bottom end of a 599 engine. If you can re-use the plenum and all the other parts then this will be the go.

Asking AU $17,500. But put forward your best offer and I reckon you will have a good buy. Looks like it has 28,000 km on it.

Ferrari 599 GTB F141 Motor Motorblock Zylinderkopf Engine F140C | eBay

Best of luck with it Todd.

5. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    Thinking about the 'submarine' 599 Todd?

6. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    As long as we're talking 599 engines. Does anyone know what a fully dressed 599 engine w/o transmission weighs in at?

7. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    yes i am thinking of a sub,or perhaps a club car with a cage and side exit exhaust,either way that's all its good for,everything else is toast, shes locked solid even with the plugs out,wont turn over at all ,and all (5 I think ) of the computers(ECU TCU etc) are toast as well , and because of that the insurers stopped all work,so no rust inhibitors or anything else for that matter so with the time delays and all the special internals, the motor is throw away stuff, kind of sad really but it is what it is, Its a race car only now,but I`ve been looking for a track day car so this will fit so long as the money isn't to steep

8. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    PAP thanks for the heads up, looks promising , again thanks for the help mate!!

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I think 240kg rings a bell from memory.

10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Excellent to hear!! Hope it all works out for you mate. :)

11. JS NZ

JS NZ Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
    Full Name:
    John
    This car certainly is just a parts car at best. Transmission, engine and exhaust system stuffed, almost every sensor stuffed. I would not want to be trundling around a track when you get an electrical issue. The whole loom has been under water. The water went up to the top of the centre console. The guy tried to move it away from the flood but couldn't get it out and the engine seized. IMO, it is a disgrace that the selling agent sort of makes out the engine needs some "TLC and elbow grease" - whatever to them

12. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    john its true that the car was wet indeed , think some of the stories may have been streched a little on the grape vine , having seen the photos and the water level i am not sure its as bad as everyone thinks,that said we will do a very complete job, and i have the right Ferrari tech on the job, my personal take on it is, that it was conceived by man ,built by man and therefor can be fixed by man, its a function of Time,Money,knowledge and skill ,I am very excited about the project, if you see my other post you will be able to follow the progress, and the mods as we go, it should end up a very wild and beautiful car

13. JS NZ

JS NZ Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
    Full Name:
    John
    No sweat Todd. Good luck with the rebuild. There are full engines for sale on eBay. Around 70g landed probably. I understand the car got caught near the melling station in lower hutt.

14. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    have found an engine for 30k landed but going to open up the old one first and see what we`ve got and go from there, keep an eye on the other thread for progress

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    PM sent mate.

16. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    had some great news about the car today, catch up on the news over on the rebuild thread as this is the last post i am making here