599 suspension? gto v hgte ? | FerrariChat

599 suspension? gto v hgte ?

Discussion in '612/599' started by kiwifaza, Jul 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    HI i am hoping there is someone here who has driven both the HTGE option and the GTO, as i am looking to upgrade my standard 599, I have read that the GTO is very hard riding? as i will mostly be on the road with some club/track days i don't want to end up with a car that's only good on the track, from what i`ve read HGTE sounds like a good compromise , but reading an article verses real world experience can be two totally different things ,so i would value your input, ironically its cheaper to buy the GTO parts ( springs and rear sway bar ) ,go figure!!

2. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    There are few threads where the hgte owners complain that it's too soft. Why would you even consider the hgte option for a track 599?

3. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    mainly because i will use it more on the road than the track, the car is just to good to turn into a dedicated track car, my first plan for the car was to track it , but after receiving it and talking to the previous owner and establishing that it didn't suffer much water at all ,its just too good a car, my conscience won`t let me bastardize it

4. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    An HGTE will handle better than 99% of its drivers. Ride quality is subjective, but maximum handling will be grossly misrepresented.

5. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    Roupin, you make a valid point , the car is probably a lot more capable than me ,

6. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I would ask ROMO. He has 3 GTOs and and HGTE.

7. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
  8. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    Chase,thanks for the heads up, I contacted romo and spoke with him and came away feeling that the HGTE is going to be best. Thanks again to everyone for the input,