GTO headers on a GTB ??? | FerrariChat

GTO headers on a GTB ???

Discussion in '612/599' started by kiwifaza, Jul 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    some have suggested that as part of my 599 project , I should install GTO headers, is this possible ?? a) would they fit the block and B) would they fit in the engine bay, any thoughts??

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They're not a straight fit. Some people say it's because the GTO has a different chassis but I don't buy it. IMO it has to do with different ''mounting points'' so to say. I'm 99% Sure that if you would buy the entire exhaust system for a GTO it will with a GTB. It makes no sense whatsoever to have a different chassis for GTO vs GTB.

That said, an entire GTO exhaust system is a pretty expensive exercise. To get almost the same noise it would be better to either buy the Brilliant exhaust manifolds or get some made up in NZ.

3. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    The GTO manifolds have differnt flanges for all the exhaust sections I think.

4. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    I never found a confirmation either way.
    If both engines use the same cylinder heads, then I don't see why GTO headers cannot be made to fit. The GTO headers obviously won't bolt up to a GTB exhaust, but a little bit of custom piping is no big deal...

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1