599 SA Aperta is for sale | FerrariChat

599 SA Aperta is for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by rmb221, Aug 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
  2. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Only 80 ever made. Same engine as the GTO

3. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    262 miles on the clock. Yet another car an owner never enjoyed.

4. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    High spec Aperta. It also has the GTO hood. A shame the owner never drove it. This car deserves better but then again … to each his own. I hope the next owner will put some miles on it.

5. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Highly doubt someone paying $1.5M for a 262 mile car will put any miles on it.

6. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Not with that vomit inducing interior. I mean each to their own and all that but yikes what on earth is all that about? No wonder the poor owner decided to leave alone once they had it delivered :D

7. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    That interior would be lovely had they not painted the exterior in Rosso Dino...

8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I like the interior actually to be honest.

9. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1 I really like it as well!

10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    +1 the interior really suits the car's exterior color scheme.

11. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Fair play, I'm happy people see different things otherwise what a boring place the world be. But the spec would drive me nuts. I do like however the GTO hood so not all bad :D

12. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Agreed. To me, it's a bit of a mess. The basic colours of the interior suggest classy and subtle, but the exterior colours etc. suggest sporty and loud. Not my cup of tea either. Here's what my wife said. "I didn't know Stevie Wonder had a 599SA";) I think the white one looks fab. The price? That's a lot of money for those cars! But I'm sure someone would want one no matter what. A shame to see so few miles on such special cars.

(Before anyone jump the gun on the morals and ethics of her comment. We have a close relative who is completely blind and I have a cousin with a severe case of visual impairment, nothing malicious was meant towards anyone. We spent the time we can to take care of those around us who are less fortunate than us.)

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    For reference one sold for $1.155 at Amelia Island a few months ago:

2011 Ferrari 599 SA Aperta | Gooding & Company

What will hurt the value is if Ferrari does an F12 Aperta, which remains to be seen but I don't see why they wouldn't. F12 GTO is being shown this week as it is.

14. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Sit tight. In January, you can pick this up for at least 30% less.

15. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Since I am the quintessential contrarian I have to ask .....

Can we expect solely a 599 SA Aperta "correction" in 5 months or is it all limited series F cars that will decrease in value ? Is the 30% correction based on the overall health of the global economy or some other factor ? If the former, should I short a particular stock ? Why 30% ? Why not a bigger correction ? Is it possible that prices could be enhanced (ie. increase) by a global market correction as investors flee into hard assets such as collectibles ? Since you seem to have a crystal ball enquiring minds want to know.

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I'd love to see prices come down 30% for a SAA!

Please tell me some lottery numbers to play. What about the Chinese currency? :)

I don't care for the color spec either but to each their own. I love the SAA!

They already did a very limited convertible F12: the F60 America.

I think its an open question on a run out Aperta model but I wonder why would they pass up those revenues...

18. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I don't have a crystal ball--wish I did.

When a correction comes--and it always comes--the assets that have moved up the quickest will be the ones to correct quickest. Obviously, they have more to move, having moved up greatly.

I will post more later, but the makings of a worldwide margin call are coming. Greece was a harbinger. China is starting to crack. Oil and Gold are weaker than one would expect. Goldman -- today -- recommended to move out of growth and in to value.

Change is coming. I have seen this story before.

19. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

You can bet on that.

20. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

The people that have the answers to your questions are not on this site.

21. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    #22 Camlet1, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    You sound like you know what you're talking about, I am a novice outside my line of work (I'm pretty good at polishing silly cars too lol).

In my line of work I get to spend time with global companies. I get to spend time with some seriously clever people.

But here's the thing. Since 2008 everyone who has told me what's going to happen has been very wide of the mark. Up, down, side-ways. Does it make it less scary? Hell no.

But predictions of big falls or gains I discount. Why? Because the only thing I've learned since 2008 is no one has any idea of the outcome, if indeed there will ever be a single outcome. Our world is now so connected, the amount of information and the speed at which it travels is dramatically different from 2008, and any time in human history. Governments, individuals, corporations are all connected - for good or bad. It means there's a huge number of mega wealthy people - from all political backgrounds who now share the same fear of losing their shirts. Forget the banks, the entire system IMO is now Too Big To Fail.

Like I said it's scary. But then, I press the starter to my F50, hear that lunatic engine fire or feel the crazy mental amazing surge of boost as the turbos on the F40 cut in or pop into my glorious 599 GTO for a hard charge, and you know what? I give **** :D

22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Last year a RHD Aperta sold for £600.000, now one is up for sale around 1M, so the prices of these rare cars are on the up in the UK.

23. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Couldn't agree more......

24. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Agree - just wish you had a crystal ball. Listening to Kramer on CNBC you never know what to buy/sell. Dump growth, buy value, short Chinese stocks, short Apple, blah blah. I say we just drive the heck out of our F cars and screw the value. Let our Estates worry about the value !