599 trunk panel | FerrariChat

599 trunk panel

Discussion in '612/599' started by ferrarista550, Aug 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarista550

ferrarista550 Karting

Jan 6, 2011
    Torrance, Calif.
    Full Name:
    Mike Dwyer
    Just for chuckles (I didn't have much to do that day) I took out the lining of the trunk on all 3 sides . . . There isn't any way to connect a battery charger, the first owner didn't get the "connector" option. (It's amazing that it's an OPTION) there was a connector for a Ferrari trickle charger. I got a heavy duty 2-wire connector, pulled out the battery & installed it.
    There is a large "box" in front of the trunk, looks like a metal suitcase, that has got to be the controls for the F1 shifter.

2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well, get a wrench, open it and tell us what's inside! :D

3. Luigient

Luigient Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Lloyd
    I could be wrong, but I think it houses the fuel vapor filter / antivaporation device.

4. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Isn't that the fuel tank?!

5. glabbe

glabbe Karting

Jun 18, 2014
    Leonard, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dr. Gary Labbe
    I took the right side trunk lining out to recharge the battery in my 599. I was surprised to see a good sized circuit board attached to the positive battery cable.

6. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Yes, that is called the battery module. It houses some very large fuse links and makes the primary distribution of power to the top 4 or 5 areas of the car.