Fake GTO, FYI | FerrariChat

Fake GTO, FYI

Discussion in '612/599' started by AC1982, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AC1982

AC1982 Rookie

May 27, 2010
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Their advertisement clearly states 599 GTB not GTO...

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    They are not selling it as a GTO so there is no issue with respect to fraud or any other deceit. IMHO emulation is the greatest form of flattery. That so many Tifosi attempted to convert "plain jane" 250 models (or some 250 derivative) into a 250 GTO speaks to the incredible desirability of the GTO. Those donor cars are now worth $500K+. Same goes for those attempting to make their 308 look like the vaunted 288 GTO. That numerous Tifosi are now trying to convert their 599 GTB's into GTO's IMHO bodes well for the future classic status of our 599 GTO's. To all those who want to add on a GTO wheels or a lip spoiler (or whatever) to their GTB I say go for it. I have a 911 TTS and I can't tell you how many TT owners try to covert their TT's to GT2 spec with spoilers, engine mods, even eliminating AWD ! To each their own.

4. AC1982

AC1982 Rookie

May 27, 2010
    I didn't mean it like that. Can't point to the topic, but I remember reading here on FChat that it would not be simple to do a full conversion to GTO on a GTB, as some body measurements were different and the GTO parts would not fit.

This one seems nicely done... I figure it can't be as hard as stated before.

Wouldn't stamp the GTO badge on it, though. Improving your car through upgrades is ok with me, but calling it some other car's name seems silly to me.

Like stamping "M3" on a 320i with M wheels and spoilers.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm deeply against it.

Ferrari should sell GTO parts only in exchange of a damaged one.

Replica manufacturers should be sued to death.

Those cars are not BMW E36's... I'd be pissed off to see streets invaded by Fake GTO's...

The GTO is a Holly Cow. You can't fake it

Fake.. Fake... You can't afford a GTO ? Shut your mouth and work more.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree the GTO parts should really only go to the GTO owners. But thats not how it ever works out.

You can dress up a 599 GTB as a GTO fairly easily. The parts do all fit. Mechanically its a lot more involved.

7. andremaneur

andremaneur Rookie

Aug 29, 2015
    Substituted the B with O, smells fishy

8. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I think that looks great compared to a normal gtb. Should have left the gtb badge for respect reasons.

9. Armen G.

Armen G. Karting

Jun 10, 2014
    Moscow Russia
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Liked the post especially about the M badge on a weak bmw ).That one wrong detail ( gto badge ) ruins all the idea of the visual conversion.

Maybe you are right but its all about business, to the factory first of all. Guess if they were against aftermarket conversion - they would have tightened the terms of selling these parts. But they seem to be looking for profit in any way.

10. D-F

D-F Rookie

Sep 5, 2015
    #10 D-F, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's worth more with the GTB parts and badge, unfortunately that's not the most common opinion in non-western countries.

Meanwhile, in Philippines....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    I haven't laughed this hard in a while!

12. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    someone needs to roll up in that van to their local cars and coffee

13. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

Does it come with a V12?? 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    As desirable as silicon tits.

15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    End of the Thread.

16. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Good set of fake ones beats real all day long! If you disagree it's cause you've never lived with a set. Kinda same rationale as work harder and shut your mouth.