My 612 OTO HGT2 - 2008 TdF w/ beige for sale | FerrariChat

My 612 OTO HGT2 - 2008 TdF w/ beige for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by Challenge64, Sep 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #1 Challenge64, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Day has come to finally sell my 612 OTO. Here is a quick rundown.

Link to sale here - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/500294-612-oto-2008-tdf-w-beige.html

1 of approx. 50 OTOs delivered to the U.S.
    1 of 2 OTOs in Arizona
    2nd owner
    8257 miles

Ownership History -
    Delivered new to Scottsdale Ferrari to renown collector B.H. in 2008
    B.H. sold back to Scottsdale Ferrari in 2012
    I bought the car in July 2012

Service Highlights -
    All service work done including Major Service - February 2015
    4 new tires - February 2015
    Cost was $9,643.63

Ferrari 612 OTO w/ HGT2 -
    MSRP - $356,948.-

Options -
    Carbon Fiber lower
    Carbon Trim
    Daytona Seats
    HGT2
    parking camera
    front & rear sensors
    rear shelf in leather
    Shields
    Silver calipers
    blue dash & steering wheel

HGT2 includes -
    modified exhaust
    20" ball polished wheels
    chrome plated exhaust tips
    larger rear anti-roll bar
    Chrome plated grills on rear bumper

OTO includes -
    panorama electro chromatic roof
    Carbon ceramic brakes

This OTO is as good as it gets. Fully serviced and in great shape. No paint work ever and clear bra and tint on car. All manuals, tools, car cover, books, flashlight, and pouch included.

Price - Don't know yet. Talking to dealer on Monday and will update when we decide. The car is up on consignment at Scottsdale Ferrari. All PPI and viewing may be done there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Nice OTO. OTO also includes 599 twin plate clutch and gearbox case.

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    WELCOME BACK!!!

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Very nice looking car! Of course, very similar to mine, so not surprising that I like it.

Can you back up the 50 OTOs sold to the US statistic?

Good luck with the sale!

5. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Wow Terry Taz- Nice to See You !! Hope you enjoyed your Summer ;)

That's a nice OTO- Pretty Color combo for sure -- but '08 was a transitional year when OTO equipment filtered it's way into production. You didn't mention the electrochromatic glass roof or HGT2 package- ??

Perhaps you have a window sticker...

6. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Welcome back Terry!

OP stunning combo, TDF is stunning on the v12 cars.
    The interior, well that looks just as good as the exterior, this one should now last long.

I would say good luck, but this car won't last long.

Excellent taste.

Cheers

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Dealer guestimate as well as stats thrown around here from time to time.

8. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

Actually, I believe he did mention the panorama roof and the hgt2 pkg.

If I am not mistaken, I believe all OTO atelier cars came with these two items and the ceramic brakes...

I believe the regular production 612 from 08-10 could be ordered with HGTS or HGT2 packages, but the OTO cars had the HGT2 as standard.

On another note, This is a lovely car, and low miles to boot.. I wish the interior was Iroko, but I'm beginning to wonder what the ask will be with such low miles considering that another 08 OTO I was a day late on with a 404k sticker sold in August with 27k miles for 145...

I guess we shall all see this week. This must be the week of blue cars, as I just test drove a blue 612 today... 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    I thought HGT2 was standard on OTO as well but according to some replies on my 612 first drive thread of yesterday that may not be the case?
    Great looking TdF car, wrong continent for me thought I'm afraid.

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    I have a 2010 (spec'd very similar to this car) and obviously think its a great color combination.
    I think all the the OTO had the glass roof and ceramic brakes, but the hgt2 package was an option. I don't have it on my car. I have optional "sport exhaust" but it is different than the HGT2 exhaust.

Nice car, hope it goes to a good home. I just had mine out yesterday, what a great car.

11. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    HGT2 was definitely an option, and I chose not to get it. My thought process was that I didn't want a louder exhaust (absolutely the right choice in hindsight-- I had experience with the Tubi on the 456 and didn't like it), and didn't like the HGT2 wheels. So that left the sport suspension, and I figured that what Ferrari put on the basic car would be good enough.

I'm still quite happy with my choice.

Incidentally, I love the CC brakes-- which were standard.

12. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    #12 MoeD, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    2008 was a transitional year.

I have seen cars with various portions of OTO equipment on them in that year and that's why I bring this to light.

HGT2, as Donv mentions, definitely was an option- but non HGT2 cars usually came with 'sporty' exhaust in the options list and the Challenge style wheels also (another option). But since they were options, it's not definite that a car would have them and Donv's car would be an example.

I have seen '08's with HGT2 and without glass roof. Glass roofs were not an option and appear in the standard equipment list on OTO window stickers. So the roof is a good indicator of an OTO car.

The question- Is a car definitely considered an OTO- the window sticker can answer that question because it clearly says OTO and I'd try to locate it or a build sheet if possible.

Lots of '08 cars had seemingly OTO configurations that were not OTO cars because the different components were filtered in the production process rather than a marked line after which all the cars had all the updates, and I see often advertising of OTO cars that indeed are Definitely Not OTO. Not that there's anything wrong with those cars, they are merely configured differently, but if someone thinks they're buying an OTO and then finds later he didn't get the newer transmission etc. then that's not right.

So with any of the '08 model year cars, it's best to do your homework

I'm just saying all this in General in response to some of what was said on this thread, and without reflection or prejudice to the Blue car above which is downright Beautiful. Someone will be Awfully Lucky to own that car.

A friend of mine always says that none of own anything, we just borrow- When you're done with a car, it's time to move on and let the next guy in line up to enjoy her. I've always been inclined to agree~

GOOD LUCK with your sale ;)

13. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    i've always assumed that if a car has the panoramic roof and the mannetino on the wheel then it's a OTO...obviously not including the sessanta's.

14. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is a safe assumption.

I picked my car up in early July at the factory (it was completed in June) and it is s/n 161202. It was one of the first ones, although slightly later than the OP's car.

I almost got an earlier slot, but dithered a bit and missed it. That car would have been delivered in January/February, and would not have been at OTO (but, in my case, would have been a manual transmission), so there were cars delivered in 2008 which were not OTOs. Those cars had the Bose Media Center, however.

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #15 Challenge64, Sep 20, 2015
  16. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I misunderstood- I thought your car didn't have HGT2

Beautiful Car and Beautifully equipped ;)

Also- I'm also in agreement with Haroonok- The glass roof and mannetino indeed mark an OTO-

oddly I've seen a car without either, but it had HGT2 and I thought HGT2 was only reserved for OTO cars- but that car proved me incorrect. I guess as soon as they had it available, they started installing it...

17. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Moe- Correct, HGT2 was an option on all 612s fitted with the Type F133H engine with Motronic 7.3.2, including the OTOs. On late 07s and early 08s (pre-OTO~Spring 08) with the F133H engine (7.3.2), CCMs and HGT2 were separate options. HGTS and HGTC were only available on earlier 612s with the Type F133F engine. The Motronics and Shock and F1 ECU/TCUs for the HGTS/HGTC and HGT2 packages are not compatible with each other.

18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    To perhaps oversimplify, when CC brakes became standard, the HGTC/HGTS packages became HGT2. This happened in late 2007, I believe.

19. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Taz you are a wizard! That's so true- because I actually added HGTS to my last 612

It was pricey, but I did it right and changed all the relevant ECU's and ignition modules to do it and had FNA send a rep out to the car to install the correct operations system software and so all the relevant ECU's would recognize each other correctly... (That car ran Amazing when they were done)

20. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    Was the cup holder in the centre console an option or a standard thing on US spec cars? I haven't seen it before. On my OTO the reverse lever is more centrally mounted with nothing else.

21. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That was standard, at least on my car.

22. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    I have the cup holder thing, but its too shallow to actually hold a cup, unless you are stopped. It isn't good for much else either - it used to hold my iphone 5 nicely, but the 6 doesn't fit. Anyone found a good use for it?

My exige has an unusual conical holder between the seats, basically behind the driver. Useless as a cup holder, and given its shape probably only good for a sno-cone. Basically just as useless.

23. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    no cup holders in my car..!

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #24 tazandjan, Sep 21, 2015
    Don- Unlike the 599 and F430, CCM brakes did not become standard until the OTO was introduced in Spring 08, except on the 60 Sessantas. Here is an early 08 (not an OTO) with CCMs and HGT2 on the option list. Funny thing is that early in 08 production (CY 07), they were still calling HGT2 with CCMs HGTC on the option list. But early 612 option lists also showed a four speed, torque converter transmission, so who knows?

25. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Well... that's not exactly how it came down. That is sort of right.

What happened was that Ferrari announced in late 2007 that CCM brakes would be standard on all cars going forward. However, in the finest Italian style, whoever made that announcement (Luca?) didn't take the 612 into account. For whatever reason, they were still selling 612s with steel brakes, probably until they ran out of inventory.

A quick google search finds this, for instance:

All Ferraris to get carbon ceramic brakes starting in 2008