Window switch replacement | FerrariChat

Window switch replacement

Discussion in '612/599' started by belfry, Oct 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    2006 RHD 612

My window switch module for the drivers side is due to arrive next week. Does anyone know the procedure for changing this module?I would like to do it myself.

2. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    Thank you for the link, which tells me that I need to remove the whole door panel. Anyone know how to do this?

3. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    #4 trygve11, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Somewhat straight-forward.

Everything gets done from inside the door...

1. Remove the triangular mirror black plastic trim by pulling inward towards the top. REmove the one 10mm nut that retains the door card (panel). You will see a bright chrome strap- that is the one to remove.
    2. Remove the one screw holding the trim around the door opening pull, and remove that tray
    3. Remove the three phillips screws now revealed behind that trim piece.
    4. Remove the 4 phillips screws around the very bottom and rear of the door card.
    5. Remove the two black plastic trim inserts on the upper rear black molded portion of the door panel. You will need a pry tool.
    6. Get your fingers in behind the panel at the bottom and pull out sharply. Four retainers should release (or break). Then rock the panel upward to release it from the window area. (Several metal "hooks" will release that also need to be manipulated back into place when your replace the panel).
    7. Carefully remove the clip retaining the door micro switch on the back of the panel.
    8. Release the two connectors at the door switch module (may be easier to take out the two door switch module first via the two CORRECT screws for mounting- look carefully). Then release the electrical connectors.

Then, fix the switches via my procedure and save yourself a few thousand bucks. Also rest satisfied knowing that will never go bad again, even you your mistress or kids hyper-extend the switches or knock them sideways.

Then reverse the above procedure and enjoy.

4. belfry

belfry Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Batt
    That is very helpful. Thank you.

5. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    Out of interest do you have a part number for the switch module for a RHD car. I think I am in the same boat. The module can open and close the passenger window but not the drivers window.

Also a price and source would be good so I can half the price when I tell my wife so she doesn't kill me.

First thing she said when I said it wasn't working was 'Well how much is that going to bloody cost to fix? You and your bloody cars!'

6. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Ouch!

Go onto Eurospares site and check it out. They have all the prints and prices and it notes if anything is different for RHD (GD) cars or not.

7. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    was 'Well how much is that going to bloody cost to fix? You and your bloody cars!'

Just FYI, the car is very comfortable to sleep in....

8. devil boy

devil boy Karting

Apr 21, 2014
    Bath, UK
    Well it all ended well. I recently had the door card off to remove the wing mirror to have it repainted and the connector block wasn't fully reconnected! All good now but it really is a two man, four handed job to the get the door card back on to make sure all the clips are correctly aligned before pushing it down.

For now I am still sleeping in the house!

9. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    And I for one, am very happy for you. Good for you to attempt it yourself (there should be some credit in that!!).