Error Message | FerrariChat

Error Message

Discussion in '612/599' started by DXB599, Nov 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I was out of town for about 6 weeks and forgot to put my 599 on the trickle charger, so the battery fully discharged by the time that I returned. Once I fully re-charged the battery, all I did was enter the radio code and everything worked normally, but upon start up I get an error message about the airbags. Do I need to reset something to get rid of this message? Prior to the battery going dead there were no error messages.

I didn't see anything in the owner's manual except reading this was a serious error message and to take the car to the dealer for immediate service, but I can't imagine anything is wrong with the airbag from the car sitting for 6-weeks.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    When you try to start a Ferrari with a low battery, the result is often an airbag hard fault that cannot be reset without an SD3 or equivalent. Take her to your dealer and it should be a 5 minute fix.

3. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Many thanks for the information and quick reply.

4. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I also have one other error message that says "engine control system failure" Would that be caused by the battery going dead as well and require the dealer to clear it? Prior to the battery going dead, I had no error messages and the car still runs perfect other than these error messages. Just not sure how serious these are and whether I need to drop the car off right away or can wait for the next service. Thanks in advance.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips