How to fix a squeeky seat??? | FerrariChat

How to fix a squeeky seat???

Discussion in '612/599' started by wolfturbo, Nov 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Guys,

I just added a 599 to my modest little stable and I noticed when I drive that the seat sure squeeks a lot. At first I thought it was me rubbing against the bolsters, but it appears to be on the inner (center) side of the seat back where it hinges to the bottom of the seat.

I realize this isn't a terribly complicated issue, but I am wondering if it is a known gremlin with the model. I can figure out how to condition the leather and possibly get a lubricant down where the seat back attaches to the seat bottom.

Just curious if others may have experienced the same issue and if there is a preferred method of addressing it. Otherwise this seat is going to *$^@)$&^!@ drive me CRAZY!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Wolf

2. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Preferred Method of Fixing:

1) Unplug vacuum hoses on exhaust to open all baffles
    2) Roll down your windows
    3) Press the loud peddle

*Problem fixed*

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Mine only squeaks when I have to seat too far back, or reclined a bit too much so it rubs on panel behind the seat. I just move it forward a little and its nice and quite.

4. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Grant,

I already made sure to scoot it forward to avoid that issue, which is real for me as I am 6 foot 4. I basically put the seat all the way back, and move it just forward enough so the seatback doesn't rub against the panel, then save position to memory!!

5. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Had this problem on a GranTurismo. They said it was universal and offered to stick a little piece of felt, I believe, to the seat on the inside between the seat and the center. They assured me neither I nor anyone else would ever see it and they were correct.

6. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    OK, this has reached a near crisis level! I drove the car to work this morning and it appears that the squeek is coming from the front side of the seat back (i.e where my back rests). It sound like a ****ing mouse or a parakeet singing. I am going to experiment with leather conditioner or felt shims, but I am wondering if it could be the air bladder inside the seat that one can inflate or deflate? For information purposes, my seats are power daytonas.

I am all ears if anybody has dealt with a similar issue. As the very least, any ideas will help me confirm that I am not simply losing my find.

Thanks to all!

Wolf

7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    This sucks. Hard for me to understand; as I am not that type of person. But my girlfriend is and I watch her go bonkers over things like this, so I have an idea of what you're going through! Wishing you a quick resolve so you can enjoy your vehicle!!!

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I guess you have tried messing with the pumps when you are driving and it is squeaking?

9. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Yes, I was thinking that since the bladder was pretty much deflated, maybe the sides were rubbing each other and I simply need to insert some air. That didn't seem to work so I will be monkeying with it this weekend.