612 Bluetooth | FerrariChat

612 Bluetooth

Discussion in '612/599' started by Melox2, Dec 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    I have a 2009 model 612 with the Bose system fitted and Bluetooth for phone connection but my question is can you stream music through the Bluetooth also and if so how , I have tried from my phone when connected but no music .

Cheers

2. tobymax

tobymax Rookie

Nov 1, 2009
    Franklin, MI
    I asked this question to an audio guy at a local shop and said I could not with my 2009 599 because it was not offered until 2010. Just my 2 cents. The wires were kinda frayed on my iPod connection....not working, and was looking for a quick fix to listen to music.

3. Premier Performance

Jul 19, 2012
    UK
    I'm afraid you can't stream through the factory Bluetooth connection. You would have to go aftermarket for that functionality.

4. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Thanks for replies guys , you would think Bose would have added this option ! Not to worry it has the iPod connection fitted but not for the new iPhone 6

5. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Thanks for replies guys , you would think Bose would have added this option ! Not to worry it has the iPod connection fitted but not for the new iPhone 6

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I've made the iPod connection work with my iPhone 5S, sort of. No idea if it will work with a 6.

My plan is to get rid of the iPod connection and replace it with a simple aux in connector. There are also iPod/Bluetooth adaptors, although the one I tried didn't work in the 612.

7. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I have a 2010 car and I've yet to even pair my iPhone 6 to the car- Can someone let me know how it's done? I know it sounds novice, but I haven't seen a pairing function while navigating through the radio's menus.

Also- What is it exactly that my 2010 will do that the '09 won't?

I also have the iPod connection in my car and an iPhone 6- I notice on other items around my home that the Apple brand 30 to 8 pin adaptor, that allows you to use your iPhone 5 charger on your iPhone 6, is quite different than the generic ones available. Generic ones will charge my phone, but not allow proper function in its use, as I believe Apple has design rights on this item.

I'm not saying I'm aware that this will fix any issues that you guys are discussing, but I would say try the Apple cable adaptor and see if it allows any added functionality

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    melox I have an 09 - next time im around the car ill try for you

9. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I have a tune2air. It plugs into the ipod dock of the bose in the glove box and gives me full a2dp streaming capability with any phone. With Apple devices you get the track info as well on the Bose display. Purchased from Amazon.

10. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  11. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
  12. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    this has been a thorn in my side for a while.

I also have an 09 and unfortunately mine was not fitted with the ipod connection, so I purchased the factory ferrari ipod module and still don't have it working because I have to get to a ferrari dealer and have them download a new proxi file to my car to recognize the ipod module. so frustrating.

i spoke to the actual guys at bose who built the system for ferrari and there is no aux in capability native in the system. only two options are to connect something through the ipod adapter as mentioned above, assuming you have it installed in your vehicle (can't believe my original owner didn't check that box on a $374k car) OR use an FM modulated bluetooth solution.

My phone WILL pair with the system for phone calls but that quality isn't good enough to stream music from. There are apps like Blue2Car that take the BT phone connection and stream audio through it, but the quality is horrendous.

For me I have basically ripped some of my AAC music to MP3 and just uploaded it throught the USB port for now. A stop gap fix, but there is no song title info either. Grrrr

13. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Some good info will look into that tune2air device.

14. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Some good info will look into that tune2air device.

15. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Another thing I've considered is just buying a used iPod Classic, putting all my music on it, and leaving it in the car. The only problem is that I start to run into DRM issues on some of my stuff, given the number of devices I have...

16. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Please someone- How to pair the car with my iPod- Can it be done strictly through the iPod or do I have to pair it from the car?

If from the car, how do I navigate to that screen? Because I've been through the menus and don't find it

And that Tune2air looks like a perfect solution! Thanks for posting!

17. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    First, you plug it into the connector in the glove box. Then you press one of the buttons (I think it's the one that looks like an antenna?) and normally the "uMusic" icon and another one show up-- well, with the iPod connected, an iPod icon should show up there too, which you can select. Then you can go through playlists, etc.

Alternatively, you can run it in "iPod Free Play Mode" where it just plays whatever the iPod is playing.

All that is from vague memory, but it's a starting point.

18. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    Donv is correct , once the iPod is plugged in it will show in the main screen where you select what device you want to listen to ,it normally shows on the right side .

Good luck

19. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Eric: My 599 arrives next week, and I'm glad it comes with an iPod connector. However, am wondering where the USB port is. Can you tell me where that is located? Thanks. Frank

20. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    #20 KY _Soldier, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    push the bottom right corner of the unit and the door opens up :)

Moe - to PAIR the BT phone, open your (I assume iPhone and go to settings, bluetooth, and make sure it's on and wait

On the car, push the phone icon on the bottom right and then hit pair

On the phone you may click the BOSE MEDIA SYSTEM that appears

It should prompt you to enter 1234 and then you are done.

It may also ask you to copy your contacts if you want.

It should also show up in Phone Options under managed paired phones
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Don- Believe it or not I never plugged my phone into the ipod connector because the connector has the old 30 pin plug, as opposed to today's units. So I've not experienced my iphone with the Bose unit in the Ferrari. I do have the adaptor, but I never thought to even try- I was always focused on making the connection by bluetooth simply because I've become so used to wireless connections on everything nowadays

Eric- Thank you so so much for spending the time to upload pix and provide explanation, because that's exactly the info I've been looking to obtain. My car just returned from service this eve and tomorrow I will attempt to pair my phone and I'm looking forward to the convenience of that connection ;)

I did order the Tune2air unit Shiv & Don just introduced me to and I'm looking forward to that as well

Finally I will have a lot of the functionality I'm used to in my daily driver

Thanks so much to you guys ;)

22. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Eric- Got my phone paired finally with my 612

Not sure how I never thought to explore the button on the bottom right, but I'm finally connected

Thank You again for the instruction

Can't wait to receive my Tune2air- It'll make things that much more contemporary in the car.

23. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Got my Tune2air and installed immediately- NOW I feel like I'm up to par with what's going on nowadays.

And I'm finally feeling familiar enough with the sound system in my car to actually start enjoying it- Thanks you guys

Great addition and I'm so Glad I read this thread- Perfect product for this application!

24. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    My last question about the Bose system is-
    Is there a way to adjust the front to rear balance/fade?

I notice the outer ring of the main radio knob on the left will allow speakers to front only, rear only and 3rd option of both front & rear, which on my car is so heavily weighted to the front, the back is almost not noticeable

Every other car on the planet has an adjustable front to rear fade

Is there one on our Bose cars??

25. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D