2010 599 GTB HGTE | FerrariChat

2010 599 GTB HGTE

Discussion in '612/599' started by psorella, Mar 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
  2. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    The car will be going in for it's annual service at the Ferrari dealer. Fresh fluids all around... Next owner will have the driving season to enjoy the car without any hassles.

3. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Price drop to $205K. I'm open to any reasonable offer.

Thanks,

Lino

4. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful car. GLWS

5. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Yes it is... I notice we have similar taste :) .

6. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Price drop to $200k. It's a lot of car for the money...

7. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    I need some help. I don't seem to be generating any interest in my car. Is there something I'm not doing right ? I think the car is priced aggressively when compared to all the other listings I see for sale on cars.com and Dupont. What gives?

Thanks in advance for any tips :)

Lino

8. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski

You have a very nice car, if you are patient I am sure it will sell. As a casual observer, here is what I see when I look at your add vs other 599s. As a US resident your car is instantly skipped as a potential buy because it is in Canada. Your ad comes across slightly inconsistent because you mix km and US dollars. I would call out very clear if it is a US car or a Canadian car. Regardless......and I am someone who lives very close to Windsor, I wouldn't want to bring a car across the border. So unfortunately you are not attractive to many buyers when you compare prices.
    I see your car priced at the bottom of available 2010s, but 20-40k more than 2009s. A private sale at that price is always going to be harder. I would be more comfortable buying from a dealer at that price.

What I would recommend is bumping your price back to your original number or higher, and consigning it with a local dealer. If it is a US car, maybe you can consign it with a dealer in the States. Unfortunately your location is working against you. Possibly the weather getting better will help with interest as well.

FWIW, I have looked at the ad numerous times and get stuck on Canada.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    First, this is a great car.

This is probably the main issue. The market in Canada is much smaller than the US and used cars at this price point are thinner market yet. I assume the instruments are in KM and that, plus a letter from Ferrari is what it would take to bring it into the US. That washes out a lot of buyers because they don't want to do that exercise PLUS there is probably some fear that as a gray market car it could have a lower resale in the US. BUT if done by Ferrari it would be a different story.

Have you asked your dealer about the cost to covert it to miles (may just be reprogramming I don't really know). They may be willing to help with that and arrange delivery to a US dealer. That could open up the market a lot.

GLWS

10. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Thanks for the input, however I don't see why anyone would get put off by the fact the car is Canadian . These cars are built for the NA market and the only difference is the speedometer, which on a 599 is to the right and almost unoticeable. I pay more attention to the rpm gauge and the digital screen to the left which carries all the info required. That can prgremmed in either metric or imperial so I would not spend any money converting it. Secondly , when our dollar was at par , Canadians were buying US cars in droves... Why wouldn't the same apply now? Factory born HGTE's are so few here in NA that one has to look in the US and Canada just to find the right one. I have the only HGTE for sale in Canada and the only one that sold here in Quebec through our local dealer. I find it makes it unique sort of...

11. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    I have thought about it, I'm just not there yet. I figured I would offer it to the community of people I know as I'm not really in a rush to sell... Truth is I'm avoiding taking it out , cause I'll change my mind... I have been dilly dallying about selling it...

12. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I hear you. I would be in the market now but I am doing a remodel and I need to finish that. Well, that and I don't really want to sell my 360 to make the move during the construction.

GLWS

13. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    For all of my friends in the car business, they consider a canadian vehicle to be somewhat of a potential red flag (justified or not) as a quasi grey market car, and as such those people are hesitant to buy it all, but at a minimum, it would have to be discounted at least 10-20% compared to a regular US market vehicle. If you look at Manheim, they have a separate lane for canadian vehicles and they typically go for 10-20% less. It's becoming more and more prevalent due to weak canadian currency relative to the US. FWIW I just bought a Canadian market Jeep wrangler from a dealer that bought it at auction and got it for 31k. That vehicle as a US market car brings 35k+ all day long.

14. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Here's an incentive... I'm dropping my price to $190K USD. That is way below what the others including dealers are asking...

15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    This is a smoking deal and someone should jump on it.

16. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Why don't you place it on eBay (US) and see how high the bids go?

This will give you a "real life" indication on what the US market is willing to pay for a "Canadian" car./

17. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Don't really care for ebay... Never bought nor sold anything on there.

18. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Update , the car has gone in for its 4th year interval maintenance . On top of that I'm having the gearbox oil and transaxle oil changed. Fresh set of plugs and tires- MPSS . I will also have the cluster converted to US should the car sell to a US buyer. Brakes and clutch have 70% left.
    All this for $190usd...

19. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Change the F1 fluid while you are at it.

20. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    It's part of the 2/4th year maintenance interval .

21. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    Price drop to $185K usd for a fully serviced, fresh tires, mint condition Ferrari V12.

22. psorella

psorella Formula 3

Oct 22, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino

23. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    What is it with Canadian cars, no one seems to want them, do they rot as soon as they go south or something.
    Forgive me but in England we don't stop buying cars if they come from Scotland!

24. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I think it is the fear of registration problems in the US. I live in California and got an out of state car re-registered to CA. There is a factory sticker in the engine compartment that said something like Meets All California Vehicle specifications. My car was originally delivered to Miller Motorcars Inc., Greenwich, CT so was manufactured for US but not specifically for CA but likely all US cars have that factory sticker. I am not sure that ROW cars have that sticker for CA? So a CA resident would have a mountain of paperwork and who knows what else for any car without that sticker.

I took my car on a very hot day in August with my CA smog certificate to a CA Dept. of Motor Vehicles office and a very heavy set woman went out to inspect my car. She only looked at the factory sticker in the engine compartment. My car had the sticker so the whole physical inspection took less than 2 minutes to lift hood and show the sticker and back inside to the cool A/C to do the paperwork. So if your car has that sticker and you can verify it with a picture you may be able open up the CA market. I believe that CA has the most difficult registration requirements of all the states. Just a thought which could help set aside the anxiety of the buyer for the registration process? Good Luck

25. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    To bring this car to Michigan, the following needs to happen.
    Prove it meets safety standards
    Prove it meets emissions requirements.
    Pay duty 2.5%
    Pay Gas Guzzler tax $3700
    Pay sales tax 6%
    Pay state registration, based on original MSRP

Some states have more favorable tax and registration rules, but your $185k is quickly $205k. Unfortunately, the biggest difficulty would be finding a future buyer in the event I wanted to try something different. It is an unfortunate circumstance you are in. I posted earlier that a consignment with an authorized dealer may be the most viable option at this price point. GLWS.