599 GTO | FerrariChat

599 GTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by 500drvr, May 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    How much is too much?? Looking at two similar 2011 under 2k mile cars. Asking price for one $899k, other car is $750k. Same color, different interiors. Both represented by Ferrari dealers. $899 seems a bit on the high side based on what's currently for sale.

Thanks

2. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Too much is when no one buys. It depends on the condition of each car and what colour interiors they are plus the differences in specs.

3. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    What are the options on the cars and what are the exterior and enter colors?

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Dealers usually want a premium for less common colors; especially the triple layer paints. Rosso Fuoco is very popular! Conversely strange combinations like white with a red roof and blue interior and stripes will suffer.

Don't know what else you are driving. However if you are just parking money in the GTO then I would instead get an F12. Plus add an FF as well for a more useful combination that you can really enjoy...

5. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    As I PMed you (no response). I assume that the $899K GTO is the "perfect" F of LI GTO while the one for $750K (not 100% sure which one and hence which dealer your referencing) might not have a clean carfax. If the similar spec one is the GTO I think your talking about at F of Newport it has an accident reported on it from carfax. Might be a very minor issue (or not) but either way any accident reflected on carfax will be a red flag on the car for its entire history. That being said, assuming arguendo, that both GTO's are the duplicate of each other buy the less expensive one. However, I seriously doubt that the cars are the same. Said it many times before, F of LI is expensive and they charge a premium BUT you always know what your getting and they 100% stand behind what they sell. Gianni Mercuri is the go-to guy there. Take a ride with him in that GTO - besides having the ride of your life and understanding the pull of the GTO mystique you will be buying that car. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. I'm not the biggest RC fan but have to say that the F of LI GTO for $899K is truly magnifcent and spectacular low mileage specimen (although I had heard that it sold - guess not).

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  7. 500drvr

500drvr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 5, 2014
    So Cal
    Thank you for your input. I'll let you know what transpires in a few days.

8. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Armen,

Knowing Gianni for the better part of 15+ years that is a true shocker. But I will say that an allegation is just that and nothing more. So I'm not gonna touch this one other than to say that Gianni and F of LI have always exhibited the absolute highest level of professionalism with me. I have zero reservations in recommending a family member or my closest friend to them.

BTW how do you like your 599 GTO now that you've had her long enough to get some real seat time in her ?

9. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Looks like Ferrari of Washington has 3 GTOs available.

Must be something in the water.

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I have to say, my comment was very uncalled for, and I apologize for that. The 599GTO is an Amazing car. Happy to have it part of my stable!

11. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Any recent sales that anyone know of, other than auctions? Was very interested in purchasing but market seems slow.

12. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Seemingly slow in the UK as well.

13. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California