HELP NEEDED from dealer/Ferrari corp | FerrariChat

HELP NEEDED from dealer/Ferrari corp

Discussion in '612/599' started by KY _Soldier, May 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    #1 KY _Soldier, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Almost a year ago, I purchased an OEM Ferrari iPod kit for my 612, part number 233878. It looks like the pic below. I had it professionally installed but it isn't recognized by the vehicle. After tracking down the developer at Bose who actually designed the system for Ferrari, he gave me the schematic, etc but said that in order to add it to the vehicle, Ferrari would have to supply me a new proxi file that shows the option on my build so that the system's bus would recognize the part.

My 612 is currently at my dealer and after several weeks of back and forth with parts and Ferrari support (not sure who), they keep telling me they are getting finger pointing back and forth and no one knows who at Ferrari corporate can provide me the file for them to download into the car at my dealer.

Does anyone have any contacts at Ferrari that can help my dealer resolve this issue? I've been without the vehicle for weeks now because of this. I don't want my dealer to bring the vehicle back until it's working properly since they are several hundred miles away and I had to pay to have them bring it there on a carrier. Thanks in advance...Eric
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I just submitted an email to ferrari corporate through their ferrari.com owners link to "contact us" and got a reply asking for the dealer info and a copy of my registration. Fingers crossed that they get this to the right people asap!

3. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Good luck with this quest!

My 612 has this option and it works in a satisfactory way.

(Only complain is that it doesn't charge the iPhone/ipod. I wonder why...)

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It will charge some of them, and some of them are more finicky about charging. In theory, though, it will charge an iPod or iPhone.

I no longer use it to connect directly to the phone, but rather to the bluetooth adapter.

To the OP-- why do you need this? Isn't there a way to get an aux input instead?

5. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    They got back to my dealer and said that if you have the CD player the iPod won't work. Someone who has the iPod please verify that the CD player is standard in all OTO units and you can use both. Really getting tired of Ferrari not knowing their own products. This isn't a difficult ask. Somewhere there is a file with some check boxes for which options are on the car that you download to tell the car what to look for. Someone with this access needs to check a box, send it to my dealer so they can download it. Any and all help is appreciated.

6. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    the system requires a reboot with the system disc that will then read the configuration and configure the operating system to boot.

I have added sat-nav plus antenna and ipod to my system and the system needed to be re-booted by putting the system disc in. takes about ten minutes.

Ferrari don't know their own products because becker and bose do their stuff for them. Whilst they like having Ferrari as a customer they are still a very tiny customer so in turn don't get much in the way of support. Such is life for a small volume producer

7. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Do you have the system disc? Is it something I can do myself, or give to my dealer to do that reboot?

8. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

Eric,

I have CD, iPod, XM, nav, hard drive, etc in my OTO with the Bose double DIN unit.

I can confirm that you can have CD and iPod, as I was just using both over the weekend. I also installed the Bluetooth iPod adapter so I can stream from my iPhone, and it works fine. It's the Bovee WMA1000 on Amazon .

Still working on fixing the XM antenna as the signal is very spotty, so I think it's a bad ground.

Richard
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please forgive typos

9. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    thank you for confirming Richard. This whole thing has been a joke. Haven't had the car for a month because I told them I don't want it back until it's working as it should lol

10. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

You're welcome.... You might want to have them give you a timeline and set some date, or it may be gone until they feel like calling and saying you have to replace the Bose units entirely because for some "reason" it stopped working altogether.....😄

Richard
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please forgive typos