612 broken suspension spring | FerrariChat

612 broken suspension spring

Discussion in '612/599' started by 19wm69, Jun 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19wm69

19wm69 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 20, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Dear Ferrari friends, I have a broken suspension spring in the front of my 612.
    It is a 612 OTO with HGT2. The replacement spring seems to be slightly different than the broken one. Are there different springs within the range of the 612? Maybe I got a set of springs from the first series Ferrari 612. The car sits a little higher now than before, besides the color mark is different. Thanks for any advise.
    Regards, Wolfgang

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wolfgang- You need to ask your dealer since the parts catalogs are on MODIS and most of us do not have access. The HGT2 springs were different from the stock springs, but I am not sure if they differed from the earlier HGTS/HGTC springs. You need a late parts catalog for that and I have not seen one.

The early non-HGTx spring was part number 191203.

Hopefully you changed both front springs since they should be changed in pairs. If she looks just a bit higher, do not worry, because the springs will settle after a bit of mileage. If she still looks too high, your dealer can reset the ride height for you. I would not do that until after the settling process completes, however.

3. 19wm69

19wm69 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 20, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Thanks a lot, I think they did send the stock springs from an early non HGTx. We are going to check the parts catalog next Monday.

4. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Also, you should replace both front springs. Springs should always be replaced in pairs (assuming they have some time and miles on them).

5. 19wm69

19wm69 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 20, 2011
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Amazingly, so far, nobody can tell me what are the right and original fitted springs in my car. Even the official Ferrari Dealer here doesn't know and has send a request to Maranello, which can take up to 3 weeks!
    I find it very strange that for a model out of production only 5 years ago, they have no information about the replacement part, a simple suspension spring. My car is a 612 OTO with HGT2 (VIN 162...). Maybe anybody has an idea. I guess that the later 612 HGT.. have a different setup than the first series cars, that's what Taz already mentioned.