Good bye to my beautiful silverstone 599 GTB | FerrariChat

Good bye to my beautiful silverstone 599 GTB

Discussion in '612/599' started by cby12, Jul 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cby12

cby12 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    #1 cby12, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello 458 spider :))

Here are a couple of pics of the car I just replaced. Thought you guys might like to see her:

She served me well for over two years. She is not long gone and missing her a lot already!

The 458 is truly also a great car. I always had the feeling in the twisties of having to carefully
    dose the power in the 599. With the 458 I actually speed up for the curves :) Still as a Grand Tourismo the 599 is a phenomenal drive!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. cby12

cby12 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    BTW I have a set of custom ExotiCARe bordeaux floor mats left, if anyone is interested. Andrew who is well known here made them for me. They arrived on the day I sold the car so they were never used! If anyone is interested just PM/mail me. I will try to post pics later..

3. cby12

cby12 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    #3 cby12, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    How much for the mats please?

5. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Very nice car, outside like mine.
    I hope that you'll get lucky with the 458.

Daniel

6. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Gorgeous car!

7. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I would love to get a 458 at some point.

But, would prefer to pair it with my 612 - not replace it. I think they would compliment each other very well. With 599, probably more similar. So, understand your decision.

Of course, with 458, there is now serious competition from Lambo Huracan and McLaren 570S.

Enjoy your 458.

8. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Please let us know about you experience with the 458. Am seriously considering adding one to accompany my 599. A perfect pairing.

9. cby12

cby12 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    so much has been written about the 458, but I guess I am in the position to compare it with the 599. The first thing I noticed was how much lower and "go cart like" it is. It felt also slightly less powerful at sub 3 or 4K revs. Weak even (dare i say it) This meant that my very first impression after coming from the V12 599 was "where is the power?". This feeling was short lived as the engine revs much faster than the 599s and very quickly the power/torque builds as you blast through the rev band. I occasionally find myself missing the V12, believe or not this happens in town, where the situation doesnt allow for higher revs( ie too many cars or people around). However, on the Autobahn ( I am based in Germany) or country roads as a car the 458 is a proper rocket ship. I really find myself speeding up in the corners. This never happened in the 599. I also drive the 458 in race mode a lot. The 599 was too intimidating to do that unless conditions were perfect.
    In conclusion no surprise really. The 599 is a GT car with a lot of sporty potential. The 458 is a sports car that can be used also for long journeys. Each to is own :)

10. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Hey! It's nice to meet one more FChat member from my hometown Munich on this forum! These pictures were taken at the Maximilianeum and the Max-Josph-Platz. Very beautiful color combination on your 599 GTB! I love it! I can't wait to see your 458 Spider and take some pictures of this beauty (I'm a Ferrari fanatic and carspotter from Munich)!

11. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Hi -- can you tell me where you obtained those excellent and distinctive floor mats? Thanks. Frank

12. cby12

cby12 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    Sure they are custom-made by Andrew of exoticare. Just google exoticare with floor mats and you will find him. I already have my set for the 458. Andrew makes the best floor mats i have ever seen for our cars. My bordeaux set is still available if you are interested...

13. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Thanks - but need beige. Frank

14. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    I sent you a private message about your mats.

15. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    What a beautiful spec 599! Congrats on the new purchase. I have a huge soft spot for the 599 - but the raw driving experience you get from the 458 is enough to keep you busy for the next few years :) Let me know if I can ever help with anything!

16. pitbullforte

pitbullforte Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2006
    Oporto
    Great spec! Pretty cool.