Tachometer dimming | FerrariChat

Tachometer dimming

Discussion in '612/599' started by caspian575, Jul 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. caspian575

caspian575 Karting

Jun 12, 2007
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Roger Hayes
    The TFT screens are dimmed and brightened using the buttons on the back if the steering wheel or by the buttons on the little panel on the fascia.

But what about the Tachometer, mine has a yellow face and at night is very dark and not easy to read. Is the background light level on this instrument fixed or can it be made brighter or dimmer as with every other car made.

If yes how?

2. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    This has been discussed on the forum before, though can't recall the answer. I think we all agreed it was not possible to dim the tach. Try a thread search. Good luck!

3. gre727

gre727 Rookie

Nov 11, 2014
    Oh. USA
    Full Name:
    GRE
    #3 gre727, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    If you haven't already.
    Per the owners manual, day and night modes each have 8 brightness levels. Enter the night mode (position lights on, black screen showing on the tft) and you should be able to brighten or dim tach and speedo. If your tft background is not black, cover the sensor on the top of the dash to block it from reading the ambient light, and "trick" it into night mode.

Works on my 2007.