612 suspension | FerrariChat

612 suspension

Discussion in '612/599' started by ablee2323, Jul 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ablee2323

ablee2323 Rookie

Apr 22, 2015
    Hi all

I am enjoying my 612. More and more as time goes on. A wonderful piece of work. Question - I was wondering if suspension can be stiffened - not lowered perse. I find the car undulates a bit but also I've scraped the middle of the car (underside) when coming out of an underground garage just where the end of the incline meets the level road. Part of that is because of the long wheel base but I 've only scrapes under load. Driving by myself no problem. In any case a bit stiffer suspension would be nice.

Wondering if it can be adjusted. Not looking to install a suspension kit. Many thanks for thoughts in advance.

2. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    If you find the car undulates too much, this is because there is not enough damping from the shocks. Stiffer springs would exacerbate this problem. One of the optional suspension specs with stiffer springs and more damping would likely solve both your problems.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Is it too soft in Sport/F1-S, too? A simple solution is to add the HGTS/C springs and rear anti-roll bar, a proven solution since the 612s are not underdamped. The shocks are only adjustable for stiffness using the Sport/F1-S modes.

4. ablee2323

ablee2323 Rookie

Apr 22, 2015
    Hi, thank you both for the comments. Will look into optional suspension specs or HGTS/C springs. Taking the car in later this week and will have a discussion - on this. Will late you know

Again, thanks.