Are the EVAP and AIR monitors set on your 612? | FerrariChat

Are the EVAP and AIR monitors set on your 612?

Discussion in '612/599' started by ar4me, Aug 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which of your 612 OBDII emission monitors are not set?

1. EVAP and AIR monitors not set

2. Only EVAP monitor not set

3. Only AIR monitor not set

4. Other monitor(s) not set

5. All monitors set :)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Could anyone with a 612 plug in their OBDII reader and check if the EVAP and AIR monitors are set? This is not a CEL, but are part of the onboard emissions monitoring. Monitors not set does not affect drivability, and most will not know (unless they plug in an OBDII reader, or SDx, etc). There is a drive cycle from Ferrari to follow to aid in setting the emissions monitors, but not always effective.

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    My 612 is having an awful time setting the EVAP and AIR monitors - hundreds of miles and countless drive cycles to no prevail... No CEL or pending codes... I know of one other 612 in similar situation. Don't any other 612 owners have an OBDII reader they can plug in and check the state of their OBDII readiness monitors and report back?

3. cam612

cam612 Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    UK
    I have previously tried to fit a OBDII reader in my 612, but without success. Could you recommend one, preferably that creates a wifi hotspot and can be read with an smartphone app?

4. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I use a Craftsman OBDII reader, not a dongle with an app.

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    BTW, the OBDII port on the 612 is somewhat "hidden", and not right under the steering column as on most cars. At the lower part/underside of the dash to the left of the steering wheel (at your left knee), there is a panel that can be removed by pulling down after removing two "wheel" bolts at the bottom, and under there is the OBDII port among other things.