599 - Interior trim piece removal - need help | FerrariChat

599 - Interior trim piece removal - need help

Discussion in '612/599' started by papataori, Aug 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Does anyone know how to remove either of:

1. Window defroster vents on top of each door panel. -- Do you have to take off door panel to remove from behind or do they just clip out from above?

2. Carbon piece just below the climate controls. -- Do you forcefully pull it out or are there screws involved from behind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hello Will,

It often helps to review the parts diagrams. Eurospares have a nice set of diagrams. Hope that helps.

3. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Not sure about the dash piece, but the door vents are held on by screws from within the door panel. The panels definitely need to come off.

4. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks Roupin and Dave.

I have since found out that the carbon fiber trim piece on the central dash below the hvac controls is secured by two hex screws at the back of the piece. These screws are not accessible unless you remove the center console and have flexible hands and deft touch with a hex (allen) wrench.

The only way to remove the central leather trim piece which houses the hvac controls and radio is to access three screws behind the above mentioned carbon fiber trim piece. I'm going to put velcro on the back of this trim piece when I reinstall instead of using the screws so that if I have to remove the central dash anytime in the future, it will be a much easier endeavor.