coffee cup holders | FerrariChat

coffee cup holders

Discussion in '612/599' started by kahrl, Aug 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kahrl

kahrl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 19, 2009
    Hudson, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob Kahrl
    I just traded in my flying-mirror testarossa for a 2010 612 OTO from Marshall Goldman. I intend to drive it frequently. It's amazing that a car meant for long-distance driving in great comfort and joy in the 21st Century lacks a place to put my coffee cup. Since there is no more stick shift or clutch pedal, the last excuse for not having a cupholder is gone. This is not a race car. It is a wonderful GT car. But after an hour or two on the road, I expect to be able to stop to bring aboard a cup of coffee. Has anybody in 612-Land solved the problem of providing a secure resting place for a cup of coffee? I'm not thrilled by the general purpose cup-holders that crop up in a web search, but maybe one is better than the others.
    I am not religious about having a Ferrari. So I don't think it is sacrilegious to sip a beverage while driving a Ferrari. Just like it's not sacrilegious to listen to a CD while driving a Ferrari. Notwithstanding the foregoing, there is one act of a Ferrari owner that is indeed sacrilegious -- and that is to NOT DRIVE IT.

2. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
  3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Kahrl - Congratulations its nice car. I also was disappointed in the cup holder behind the selector switch. My thought was to get a cup with a lid that fit the hole. I haven't seen aftermarket items that looks good and thought the cup with lid might be the best answer. Post some pictures of the car if you have a chance.

4. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    If you find one let us know - I have there same problem

5. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Maybe in the US is different but we drink our coffee at the bar, certainly not while driving ;-)

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mmh good question - unfort don't think theres a good answer! enjoy the 612 - OTOs are something special!

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    In my F12 the carbon cup holder was an extra at £2112 !!!! thats about $2750.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Some of us have passengers who want to consume a beverage. ;)

My wife likes to bring cold water with her. I wouldn't let her put her water bottle in the leather holder due to condensation. I recently bought an insulated cup from the online Ferrari store. It fits well and there's no condensation but it doesn't stay put during rapid acceleration.

9. kahrl

kahrl Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 19, 2009
    Hudson, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob Kahrl