599 wipers problem | FerrariChat

599 wipers problem

Discussion in '612/599' started by Aeiou, Sep 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aeiou

Aeiou Rookie

Jun 15, 2016
    Hi all, got a 599 where the wiper stalk doesn't really operate correctly. When I push it upwards it doesn't always set the wipers in motion (it's pretty random). When I push it down a notch, the wipers goes into auto mode and that seems working, a further push down they go into continuous motion, a further push down (fast motion supposedly) and nothing, the wipers stop.
    I wondered if I should buy a new column switch but then I heard about someone who had a similar issue, bought a new column switch and that didn't solve anything. I can't contact that person though.
    Anyone had this issue and how can I check if it's the switch or something else?
    Btw, the switch doesn't make any weird noises, ie it doesn't sound/seem the switch is broken on the inside.
    Any views appreciated.

2. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just bought an 2007 599, had it for 2 days now, and have the exact same issue. Also interested in answers ....

3. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    If it's anything like the old 348s lights stick, there is a plastic cam inside that can get brittle and cracks. Problem is, it has to be molten cast onto the lever. There is a guy who does rebuilds but I replaced mine with a new old unit. Cost as much as a laptop. There is an Alfa substitute but you loose high beams. Check the threads. Maybe a Maserati part can work.

4. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just noticed that the windshield washer is also malfunctioning, it does not work when I pull the stalk towards me.

Aeiou - does the same thing happen with your car?