No-Drill Front License Mount for 599/612 | FerrariChat

No-Drill Front License Mount for 599/612

Discussion in '612/599' started by Carbonio, Sep 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For Ferrari owners front license plate mounting has always been a necessary evil in those areas where it is mandated by law. Some of us flaunt the law but it is never fun to be pulled over at the side of the road by the police or even worse be handed a ticket for the infraction. To that end we have come up with a solution to the problem. It is a super quick on and off front bracket that allows you to mount or remove your plate at will. Some advantages are as follows:

- Great for removal at car shows (for privacy when people photograph your car), for car washing to gain access, or when parked in your garage for periods of quiet admiration.

- Mount is adjustable for plate angle and distance making it easy to personalize to any application.

- For those who realize that you can't see the ugliness of the front plate when driving this mount is easily fitted for drives and then just as easily removed.

- In places where the parking cops also hand out fix it tickets (eg. California) this mount lets you also park legally.

- Mount adheres to national and international regulations making it a global solution that fits all sizes of license plates.

Lastly for those who still don't want to fit the plate then you can always carry it around as a roadside fix. Most police officers will allow you to do a quick fix roadside without a ticket so in 5 seconds you can be legal. Putting the plate in the window is generally not accepted by the police as it is a lethal projectile in an accident and does not properly display anyways when on the dash.

More information, pics and online ordering can be found at:

Carbonio Performance - Home

Now for a pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    will this fit GTO? It has different front grill.

3. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Just placed an order. Exactly what I need.

4. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #4 EP328, Sep 11, 2016
    Installed the plate holder today on the 599. My observations:
    - It is very adjustable.
    - design allows frame to be mounted just about anywhere across the grill.
    - Seems quite robust, the frame made of plate painted steel (versus stainless on the previously available "Plate Clip")
    - the "U-shaped" pieces are lined with neoprene to protect the grill. On one hand this is a good thing, but does allow some movement of the plate up or down when traveling
    - spent about 15 minutes adjusting it.
    - the kit comes with 2 clear rubber bumpers. I used 4 more to protect potential contact points.
    - I added a lock washer for the two screws attaching the license plate to the frame
    - easy to remove / install once all set up. No tools required!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #5 EP328, Sep 11, 2016
  6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback ED. We hope you enjoy being legal :)

7. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Quite a few Ferrari dealerships are starting to carry these license plate mounts and they have become a mandatory fit on all car sales in some places. This is great news for us as we started this project to give Ferrari owners a clean mounting option that did not use the ugly side tow hook as a mount. To have it endorsed and sold by Ferrari dealers really makes us feel good that we have created an accepted solution.

Here is the link where we have mounts for almost every Ferrari made from 1948 to present:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

9. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
  10. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    I suspect that CA state and other states mandated by law the attachment of front license plates was due to the installation of traffic cameras which has since been outlawed due to corruption by the Lockheed-owned subsidiary that installed, ran, and managed the cameras for police departments. That system was a money-making venture wherein the system administrators took 70% of the traffic fines and handed the remaining 30% to the police departments. They surreptitiously reduced the elapsed time for the yellow lights from a standard 4.5 seconds down to almost a second less to catch more "violators" and therefore gain more revenue fraudulently. That shortened time also caused a lot of unnecessary accidents caused by unaware drivers who braked suddenly and lost control of their cars to avoid running red lights.

The intent was good - to reduce crashes by idiots who ran red lights - but the application was faulty due to sheer greed! Instead to reduce such crashes more effectively, the green lights for opposing and cross traffic has been delayed by at least a second.

There had been many filed cases against these traffic cameras, one was featured on 60 Minutes. Now thankfully, over 95% of traffic cameras in L.A, and vicinities have been rendered as expensive useless 'white elephants'. Likewise, tech nowadays is available for police to immediately decipher a plate number front or rear in a second and check it through an E database fro validity.

I myself refuse to install a front license plate and frame even though I got ticketed twice over 12 years ago, both while my cars were parked on a city street once and another on long term parking lot C in LAX. I just paid the $25-35 fines both times.

11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That has been largely how I handled the issue as well just pay the citation. All the public lots at LAX are very agressive on front license violations,.as is Santa Barbara and Montecito. I have got citations at both. the answer is at LAX use a Limo service or private parking lot and in Santa Barbara use off street privately owned parking facilities. That said my wife doesn't like to get the license violations so there is always that issue.