612 melting interior rubber problem | FerrariChat

612 melting interior rubber problem

Discussion in '612/599' started by Alfred S., Sep 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alfred S.

Alfred S. Rookie

Sep 9, 2016
    The black rubber which covers most controls like seat adjust, AC buttons, etc melts especially in hot weather. It stains fingers and seats.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to improve or fix that issue?

I remember years ago someone addressed this issue on FerrariChat but I didn't see this issue raised recently.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hello Alfred,

We are refinishing a set of 612 parts as I Write this. The customer is located in Kenya. We will post photos soon.

Send me an email and we can discuss.

dave.lelonek@**********.com

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Alfred, send me an email with any questions you have about the process, we have customers all over the world and have been doing this refinishing work for almost 10 years. We can take care of all your sticky needs.

4. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    My real question is how do you take the parts out of the car without a mechanic...

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    .....and the answer is, unless you really know what you are doing, don't try. You can very easily damage parts if you don't know how to properly remove them.

BTW, a top notch auto body guy is better prepared to do this job than some/many mechanics.