Ferrari 599 Emissions Testing | FerrariChat

Ferrari 599 Emissions Testing

Discussion in '612/599' started by papataori, Sep 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Hi FChat Community,

Just picked up a 599 to replace a 575 and am in love. I have a quick question about emissions testing. In TN, we have to get our emissions tested once per year. Part of the process involves the state employee at the testing station plugging into the vehicle's OBDII port.

Can someone direct me to where this OBDII plug is on the 599? Is it behind the leather panel on the lower left portion of the drivers side dash (beneath the lighting controls)? Which plug is it, exactly? I'm going to have to take the car in to get tested and don't want to wait in a 45minute line only to get to the front and not be able to figure out where the tester should plug into, thus being instructed to come back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Yes it is the connector that is behind the large leather panel under the light controls. There are two thumb screws at the front bottom edge of the panel that you need to remove and then the panel pull straight down (there are two pins at the top of the panel that side into rubber grommets above. If you look to the left side of the fuse/relay box, you will see the trapazoid shaped OBDII connector right in the middle.

3. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Very helpful. Thanks Brian!

4. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN