599 yearly running cost | FerrariChat

599 yearly running cost

Discussion in '612/599' started by ferrari412gt, Oct 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari412gt

ferrari412gt Rookie

May 15, 2014
    I have a lovely 550 which costs me on average £1700 per year too keep well in tune and healthy.

Im looking at a 599 with only 11,000 miles on the clock
    I might be lucky if i do 1000 miles a year-

looking at the running cost I cant make my mind up.

Will it cost a fortune or not?

2. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    As a previous 550 owner, whose car cost about 3500 pounds/year, I sure hope my 599 is less expensive to maintain. With no belt changes required and more modern technology, my understanding is that the 599 is more reliable and less costly to maintain. In speaking with my car's previous owner, he told me the car was bullet-proof. Frank

3. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I have had mine for 3 years now. I can't say I am driving it much but so far so good. Just 3 annual services and 4 new tires (the old Pirelli were still good but had never been changed ...). Fingers crossed.

4. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Running costs are not bad on a 599. Just watch up for leaky shocks, very expensive to replace.

5. msdes123

msdes123 Rookie

Sep 29, 2013
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark S
    I ran a 599 for just over 12m after seeing Chris Harris's video on owning a 599. I did 10000 miles in it that year, some crazy trips, just couldn't stop driving it.

Tax was £485, tracker subscription for the year navtrak £300, insurance (10 years no claims 40 yr old male rural low crime area) was £2100 for 5000 mile limit and I had to pay extra for the additional miles I did. Car cover needed (not supplied with car) and copius cleaning and detailing products also added to the total. I think the service during my year of ownership at main dealers was £900, think it was the minor of the two alternating yearly services.

It was bought from main dealer and had the ferrari approved warranty and during the year I needed it twice: radiator oil leak and electrical warning errors which didn't go away with a restart, I think I was unlucky. At the end of the year it needed 4 new tires > £1000 and the warranty was going to expire and was going to be about £3600 to renew from what I recall. It also acquired quite a lot of stone chip damage which could have been a costly issue if I had chosen to repair myself. I sold it on via an auction and fortunately as I'd bought at the bottom of the market before the more recent upturn I got out without a big hit.

I gather that the poor guy who bought it did get stung by the need for front shocks to be replaced soon after he got it, I wasnt aware of any issue with shocks while I had it.

But by far the biggest cost was 10000 miles at approx 10 mpg and 1.40 litre plus for the exotic petrol from what I seem to recall in 2014.

I think Chris Harris followed his ownership period up with a summary of his costs on pistonheads entitled "man maths gone wrong" so you can probably find that somewhere in their archive.

Despite the above did I have a blast that year..hell yes, its obviously an awesome car. Has it put me off...no, Ive just upset the missus with an approved used F12 purchase so I didn't learn any lessons.

Hope that helps and best of luck in your search/purchase.

6. jorge da cruz

jorge da cruz Karting

Sep 4, 2015
    Luanda Angola
    Full Name:
    Jorge Da Cruz
    ..... at least 5000 up to 6500 a year man!

Gaz
    Service
    Insurance

7. ferrari412gt

ferrari412gt Rookie

May 15, 2014
    5000 dollars>?

8. Speed and Angels

Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Purchased a 2007 599 last November, put new Michelins on it, 9 year old Pirellis were still on the car. Sticky buttons were replaced before I bought the car. Other than gas and washing it I have spent zero on maintenance (knocking on wood). 1500 miles in the last 11 months, absolutely love the car, the wife likes it as much as I do, I keep it below 8000 rpm when she is in the passenger seat though. In Houston, Mark over at Sphere is your guy, in Dallas James at Norwood will take care of you all day long.

Your mileage may vary