What is the current value of a stick 612? | FerrariChat

What is the current value of a stick 612?

Discussion in '612/599' started by meauxmo, Oct 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. meauxmo

meauxmo Rookie

Oct 5, 2013
    Thoughts?

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What year, what mileage, what condition, what options, what color combo, what location ......

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well IMHO that car appears to be way over priced at 169,612 E ($186,600) but then asking price is not selling price. The car in question is an early gen 1 car not highly optioned and fairly high km/mileage 53,896 km. Is a manual worth $50,000 premium to a similar gen 1 612 with F1? If so then the price of the car in question would be about $130,000 - $140,000. I have seen a lot of gen 1 612s with similar mileage with asking (not sale price) at $80,000 - $90,000 stateside. Perhaps the Europe market is stronger or the premium for manual is higher? We still haven’t gotten into cosmetics and service which would assumed to be good.

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Pretty nice color combination and wheels. Also quite a few less miles/km than car above in Europe. That would seem reasonable deal if it checked all the boxes for the buyer but still seems to me on the high side. Also means the premium for MT is about 100k+ since the car would likely have gone for $110-$130k with F1 with those miles IMO. But who ever said the market is rational?

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree. Plus $225K was the last asking price, not necessarily the selling price. Almost certainly it was less than that, no one is going to pay the asking price.

6. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    I beieve the last asking price in that one was $229k. Salesman said it sold for $225k, for what its worth. I know a solid offer of $180k was rejected on that car though, so it is probably really close.

As always, value is determined by what someone is willing to pay for an item or service. I find the topic of 6-speed values fascinating. Would be nice to hear from folks who actually purchased one recently.

7. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I wonder if the people purchasing these over-priced MT cars are actually driving them. They are probably just prospectors / investors, who plan to store them in the hopes the value keeps climbing. :(

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It seems on these kind of one off situations the selling price can be a real outlier. Especially if the buyer really likes the "package" color, equipment, MT and mileage etc. and they have been looking for some time. In that situation the buyer “cares most” and doesn’t want to let the car go, rationality goes out the window and some crazy prices happen. I know I have seen that happen with some early 911 Pcars that sold for way too much $$$ IMO.

9. meauxmo

meauxmo Rookie

Oct 5, 2013
    The sad thing for those of us who still like driving manual is that Ferrari has abandoned the traditional gated stick shift. Make no mistake about it that the 612 is a very different driving experience in a manual.

10. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    My manual 612 is the best Ferrari I have ever owned. It is a late 06, with all the options. Ive had the suspension tightened on mine as well as the Nouvalari exhaust put on it. It was a no brainer for me to keep this car and sell my manual 599 HGTE. NO BRAINER. It is too bad that Ferrari isn't making the gated cars anymore because they really are completely different vehicles.

11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your car! Did you buy the car recently or before the MT 612 prices really took off? Now that you have such a recognized "rare bird" do you still use it the same as before?

When I was looking for my 612 OTO car I don't believe I saw any MT OTO cars. I am not even sure they made any 612 OTO cars.

12. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    They did not.

13. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    They did not make any OTO manuals.

I think only 1st gen (through 07) were available in MT.

14. ajyiii

ajyiii Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Y
    I bought both the manual cars before the pricing craziness.

15. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Andrew I can't imagine how much fun a gated 612 would be. I love my 612 HGTS but the F1 transmission is a bit of its achilles heel (have learned to like it in its own way however)

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Adam- Affirmative on the no manual shifters for OTO 612s. From what I have seen, that extends to all late 612s with Motronic 7.3.2 and the Type F133H engine, probably from around (know exactly for the 599, 156938) serial number 157xxx. 599s with 7.3.2 did have a three pedal option, but they were building many more 599s than 612s by the Summer/Fall time period in 2007, when 612s became special orders.

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    There was a Euro LHD gated 612, 2005, on sale at a Ferrari main dealer in the UK from Nov 2015 through Feb this year. Around 20,000 miles, looked like a nice car. On sale for £120k GBP. It sold for not much less than that I understand.

There was also a US gated 612 on sale in the first half of this year in the Fchat classifieds. It was priced quite high (much more than above from memory), price reduced after a few weeks, sold. You'll find the thread if you scroll back through classifieds.

18. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I believe you are thinking of the car discussed above, and Fchat ad linked in post #5: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/515936-fs-2005-612-scaglietti-gated-6-speed-gorgeous-tdf-blue-cuoio.html

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That's the one. I love Michael Craig's ads. Sounds like a salesman of the best kind.

If it sold for near final asking price, that's 60-70% more than what the UK Euro LHD car sold for early this year (depending on exchange rate date). I was tempted by the latter but my wife didn't want a manual 612 as a DD for some reason.

20. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Women are way too pragmatic and sensible :) ;)

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    You are exactly right of course.

22. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey everyone I have a customer who is NUTS to have a 612 6 speed car. If anyone knows of one of these rare cars, please PM me here if you do not mind! :)