612 Swap in Europe | FerrariChat

612 Swap in Europe

Discussion in '612/599' started by duz185, Nov 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duz185

duz185 Karting

Jul 10, 2007
    Indy
    Greetings. I have a friend who owns a 612 which is located in Lugano Switzerland. He wants to bring it to Miami but he can't due to the safety standards which unfortunately his car is not exempt from. It would require major work including addition of airbags among other things. Anyone who has a home in Europe interested in swapping a 612 from the States (preferably Florida) for one in Europe?

Long shot but figured I'd throw it out there.

-William

2. Flint Ironstag

Flint Ironstag Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Houston, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Harris
    Transportation costs here are reasonable, so I'd definitely encourage him to consider options from anywhere in the 48.

That said, I was under the impression that most manufacturers had gone to a fairly universal model scheme (with the exception of which side the steering wheel is on and some lighting differences). There are 612s without airbags? I wonder how common this is.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wm- Your friend can likely get a one year exemption to bring his 612 to the US. Would have to be exported after the year expired.