599 Navigation alternative | FerrariChat

599 Navigation alternative

Discussion in '612/599' started by EP328, Nov 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #1 EP328, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My '09 599 came equipped with Becker navigation, Bose upgrade and cd changer. Previous owner wanted Bluetooth so removed the Becker unit and replaced with an Alpine. I wanted to get navigation back and update the electronics. Did not want a fold out nav screen since they don't allow keeping the carbon fiber door and I like that clean look when not using the system.

So my audio shop suggested the Porsche Classic Radio with Navigation which came to the US this year. It is a single DIN unit with a 3.5 inch nav screen, XM radio, Bluetooth, and iPod hook up. It has the same operation logic and feel as the modern Porsche PCM systems have. The screen is small but I believe better navigation then the original units. The audio shop removed the Porsche logo from the face plate and it fits in quite well with the car. Unfortunately it does not talk to the ecker CD changer in the trunk.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula

Looks great..!

Can they use a different cd changer in the trunk that it can communicate with?

What about the steering wheel controls for volume etc? Are those still effective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I WANT this radio. The ONLY rub is the price. Nicely done!

4. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Not cheap. Full retail is $1500+. You can shop around the dealers. Suncoast Porsche had best price of 1250 and my local dealer matched that price. Installer matched that as well. Add couple hours of labor, parts and you are about 2K.