Trunk locking mechanism on early 612 | FerrariChat

Trunk locking mechanism on early 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by swiss612, Nov 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Early 612 have on the trunk lid a hook that comes out, it is the locking mechanism, later 612 have a U shape form on the lid and the locking mechanism is on the car
    I have been hitting my head several times very badly on that piece of metal. This happens when the lid is in the intermediate position and does not on the fully opened position. I am wondering if the struts are too weak to push the lid fully opened or if this is normal
    I was also looking at retrofitting the new mechanism but it looks very complicated
    I am thinking of painting that hook in red so I would see it... could use rosso corsa so you would not see blood :)
    As anyone experienced the same annoyance ? any solution?

2. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Replace the struts and the hood will open right to the top and you have no issues with your head. Struts are easily to get and dont have to be ordered at Ferrari.

Best, Stefan

3. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    I meant the trunk of corse (b.t.w. struts are the same size front and rear but stronger in the front)