599 gearbox and fuel smell | FerrariChat

599 gearbox and fuel smell

Discussion in '612/599' started by [email protected], Nov 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bcvisagie@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2016
    My 2006 599 with 31000 km on high revs changes from 3rd to neutral, then on pulling the paddlel it goes to 6th gear and I can then gear down. The jump to manual from 3rd happens in auto and manual mode, only on revs over 6000. In normal slow driving no problem. Its in at the dealer but they dont know off hand what the problem is. Anybody experienced this type of problem.

Second problem a very bad fuel smell when you open any window( otherwise no smell) after the car was transported on a truck from high altitude of 1600 m to sea level for a Ferrari tour. After filling it first time it smelled and didnt stop, even on low fuel tank level. The dealer said both fuel pumps have packed up , is this possible that both pack up at same time? I didnt have any start problems like some other owners reported who had fuel pump problems? Any ideas?

2. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    I'm not sure if it's the same for the 599 but with the 612 the problem is the plastic used for the fuel pump caps. The pumps themselves are usually fine but the whole unit still needs to be replaced.