RHD vs LHD headlights confusion | FerrariChat

RHD vs LHD headlights confusion

Discussion in '612/599' started by drjeeva, Nov 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    I have a 2007 RHD (GD specs) Ferrari 599 GTB. Recently had a front right hand side (Driver's side) tyre failure. The rubber came apart and just about destroyed the wheel housing AND all the tabs on the back of the right hand side headlights (Driver's side).
    I'm trying to source for a replacement headlight (used if possible) but most of the units I've found are for the US version of the car ie the LHD. My question is this : can the right hand side headlight US version ie LHD (passenger side part number : 217841) be used for the right hand side headlight GD version ie RHD (driver's side part number : 218665).

2. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Trent in the UK dismantled a rhd 599 last year, they may still have a few parts left, worth an email to them.

Charles Trent Ltd | Leaders in Vehicle Recycling

other candidates are Douglas Valley but not seen them selling any 599 stuff and of course eurospares but I imagine you already know of the latter.

3. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    Thanks for the feedback. just received an email from them that they dont have the item. Looks like I have to get a new one "ouch"

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Japan and Australia are smaller markets but you never know there may be one being dismantled there.

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    #5 PAUL500, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Says components in the UK but I have a feeling its a euro seller so probably lhd parts

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Bumper Nut Hood Bonnet Front Headlight Light Cooler Wing

Not much feedback either so maybe risky to use for a overseas purchase, those parts may not even exist!

You could probably use the outer casing from a lhd car and transfer the internals into it from your damaged one.

I was under the impression that modern Ferrari used the same lights for all markets and there was a way to adjust them from lhd to rhd

6. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

If your headlight "pods" are made by Valeo, as the ones for the 550/575M were, I believe Valeo can sell you the internal parts required to convert them from LHD to RHD.

For other cars, sometimes it's as simple as a set of shields.

7. drjeeva

drjeeva Karting

Jul 21, 2007
    Ipoh, Perak, Malaysi
    Full Name:
    Jeevaraj Nadarajah
    thanks for the feedback. Its the back tabs which are completely destroyed when the tyre casing flew through the wheel housing and hit the headlight from the back. So far no locating a used unit. the LHD and RHD units are not interchangeable due to the orientation of the light beams.

8. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    New 218665 can be bought for as low at GBP1,880 from UK. So not sure it's worth the trouble to try and source a used one.

9. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will