599 stock ride height | FerrariChat

599 stock ride height

Discussion in '612/599' started by bigsquat, Dec 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I have been trying to find the stock ride height of a 2007/2008 599 to compare to a 360 (I have a stock height 2003 coupe). There is info on fchat that says the 360 is 125mm +/-3mm. I have a very steep driveway and often scrape so anything lower would not work well for me but i am very interested in a 599. Anyone know the specs? I have searched every thread I could find about ride height here to no avail. Thanks.

2. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    You'll have to consider overhang of the front spoiler/bumper.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Troy- The ride height you are getting for the 360 is for setting the suspension ride height measured from the frame (125.2 mm F, 146.8 mm R), not the actual clearance over the road. Finding that data on the 599 would still tell you little on how well a 599 will make it up your driveway. There are bandaids for lessening the angle the front spoiler sees. Rubber devices that fill in the angle between the street and driveway.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/curb+bridge.do

4. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I see what you mean about the ride height measurements. Unfortunately I have a very steep driveway on that can be difficult to always get the departure angles correct on where the driveway meets the street. Funny how I really don't mind scraping the 360 but the thought of doing it on a car that is twice the cost makes me ill. Thanks for taking the time to post your answers.

5. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    I think my height is stock since I bought used. I'm happy to measure from ground to bottom of spoiler if that helps. If you want I can measure other areas if you like. Btw I love my car, very different than anything I've owned. The more I look at the nose the more I think wow.

6. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    hvdaytona if you can measure the bumper height and the overhang from front of the wheel to tip of the bumper parallel to the ground that would be wonderful. Thanks so much for your help.
    I happen to really love the look and feel of the 599 and took an extended test drive in one last week. The only front engine Ferrari I have driven and it was so different from my 360. Feels like an adults car which I actually have mixed feelings about. Unfortunately I have to sell the 360 to get it. I also find it amazing how many different Ferrari models have now coalesced around the approximate $160k price point.

7. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Don't forget to measure in the rear.

8. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    Sorry I've been out late last night and also tonight due to xmas parties. I'll do it sat am. When you say overhang ... You mean the distance from front wheel to the tip of the bumper?

9. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    That is what I mean. I am going to measure my 360 again as well and we can compare. Thanks.

10. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    Got home early, here you go draw a picture w the points first
    A= floor, b= point on front tire if u were to draw a line from bottom of wheel well bumper to the tire, c= distance from floor to bottom of bumper at edge at wheel well edge,d= there is piece that juts lower than the bumper at the wheel well edge and it's the distance from floor to bottom of this piece, e= the very tip of the bottom edge front bumper in the middle of the car and is the distance from floor to this point, f= there is an air box thing that hangs lower than the bumper and it is the distance from floor to bottom of the box
    C=10.5cm. D=9cm. E=16cm. F=9cm
    Distance from b to f =23.5 inches. Distance from e to f 17.5 cm
    Hope this helps

11. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Thank you so much for doing this. I will compare it to my 360 when I get it back from the shop this week. After a test drive I believe the 599 would be less apt to scrape but I just want to be sure. I'll report back when I have the comparison. Thanks again for taking the time.

12. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    No prob. Happy to help let me know if you need more stuff

13. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    If bottom clearance is an issue, you can always consider the option of raising your overall ride height until it clears your driveway.

It's a very simple job to raise the spring perch on Ferrari dampers.

Yes, it will sacrifice performance a little bit, but better than scraping the ground IMHO.