R/R of ECU's and Brake Questions | FerrariChat

R/R of ECU's and Brake Questions

Discussion in '612/599' started by kenehresman, Dec 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    getting ready to tear her apart for the winter... couple questions...

Anyone have any experience removing the ECU's? where are they, things to look out for etc? will be sending in for upgrade.

Also will be completely rebuilding brake and suspension. I think i got most my details on the suspension and have Hill Enginnering parts ready to go in with removal and install tools... one the brakes, standard GTS package, non ceramic, looks like the calipers are standard brembo 4 piston units OEM's out Ferrari. Will these compress normally for new pads or are they twist in/out units?

thx in advance!

2. x-tremetuning

x-tremetuning Karting

Mar 12, 2016
    Hungary
    Ecus : inside the cabin. Before the driver and the passenger seats, under the carpet.

3. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    as for the brakes? anyone.... spin back in or simple press back in?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Press back in.

5. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    Thanks Taz.... Didn't want to get a big C clamp and mess up a VERY expensive caliper and piston....

Picked up a used set of rotors I need to get turned, and blasted clean, and then off to the races on the suspension brake rebuilds, will take plenty of pictures along the way for others in case they tackle any of this....