Blue Oil Pot under car after Spirited Driving | FerrariChat

Blue Oil Pot under car after Spirited Driving

Discussion in '612/599' started by kenehresman, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    Had some nice weather and had a spirited drive last week... after sitting a couple weeks, it now has some blue oil spots under it... Hav enot got under there to take a look yet, but any one know what used blue oil? i'm guessing trans shifter? any help appreciated..

2. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Sounds more like coolant. No other blue fluids in the car.

3. Schestc2

Schestc2 Karting

Sep 20, 2012
    Vienna, Austria
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Right, had the same experience, for a few months drops of coolant under the car (sweet smell and taste b.t.w.). Then suddenly a small pipe under the plenum failed. Having removed the plenum I changed all pipes, just in case.

Ever since no more drops under the car.
    Stefan

4. duxducis

duxducis Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    Same experience as well, just ordered new water radiator, without previously checking pipes…not so smart.
    Were the spots under the left side of the car?

5. kenehresman

kenehresman Karting

Jul 15, 2012
    Don't remember what side the spots were on.... Thinking I would just drain and replace all lower hoses and pipes... if this seems to be a common issue? where would I find the hoses and pipes?

thx

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not the lower ones, the ones under the intake plenum. There is one hose with a 180 degree bend that is particularly troublesome on the 612. I believe SRI was working on a metal replacement for the 180 degree bend part, combined with a shorter hose, but not sure they ever released it.