Picking a 599 in part because I need the headroom | FerrariChat

Picking a 599 in part because I need the headroom

Discussion in '612/599' started by deshapiro, Feb 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    I've been lurking for a long time, absorbing all the info. I'm finally ready to start my 599 search, aiming at the spring. I paid a visit to my favorite dealer, Lake Forest Sports Cars. One of their salesmen, Tyler, remembered me after 15 years. I used to have a silver 550 with red leather. Great car, but I went on a convertible kick.
    They have a spectacular assortment of great cars, Ferrari, Maclaren and Aston. My issue is headroom. Long body, short legs and a 3-level neck fusion.
    This was an information-gathering session to see which cars I could consider. Basically, I just sat in them to gauge the available headroom. I currently drive an M6 convertible, which has plenty of room even with the top up.
    First on the hit-list was a Maclaren I really wanted to fit. Sorry, not a chance. Just looking down at it made my head ache. Next was a 458 Spyder with the top up. I really, really wanted it to work. Wasn't going to happen. Third was an Aston-Marten Vanquish. Another gorgeous car. Maybe it would work if I was bald.
    F12 is more money then I want to spend. Didn't try it.
    They didn't have a 599 GTB, but they did have a GTO. Front seats are too narrow for my shoulders, but the headroom, ahhhh!
    Added to the fact that I think that the 599 is one of the most beautiful cars ever, it made my choice very easy.
    Looking forward very much to my next car.
    David