Nitto Invo Tyres on a 599 | FerrariChat

Nitto Invo Tyres on a 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jkay, Feb 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Has anyone ever used Nitto Tyres on a 599?

I have been offered a free set, fitted, in return for my car being used for a photo shoot with their tyres on for an advert.

I was just gonna use up the current Pirellis then change to Michelins all round.

Seeing as I've had this offer, I'm gonna give the Nittos a go, and if I don't like them I can always fit the current Pirellis back on, and when the Pirellis need changing I'll go Michelin as planned.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience with the Nittos ?

2. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    It's worth trying a set since they're free, but make sure they don't scratch your wheels when mounting them.

Your PPI said your current tires are 10 years old. I wouldn't drive on them at all.

3. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yea, I think at this point the new Nittos will be better than the old, hard fossilized Pirelli and then you can replace with Michelin SS afterwards.

4. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    If I get the free tyres as promised I'll let everyone know how they are

Yes the current rears are TEN years old and the dealer i bought from has some rears on backorder for me (Pirellis) at their expense.

Traction is terrible and I haven't driven the car properly yet pending the arrival
    Of new tyres

5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Invo's have problem when cold, your car will shake during the warming up process. The grip in dry is decent if you don't push hard, in wet they are pretty good actually. Tires are very responsive, drifting is easy if you decide to kill them later.
    If it's free, I would take it. Get these sizes cuz they run narrower:
    255/35/20
    315/35/20

6. Jkay

Jkay Karting

Jan 9, 2017
    Thanks Lamborrari. I look forward to trying them out, and if they're free, why not right

Can always Take them off if I hate them