Wild Atlantic Way | FerrariChat

Wild Atlantic Way

Discussion in '612/599' started by Jewels and Binoculars, Feb 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. #1 Jewels and Binoculars, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    I took The Beast to the west coast of Ireland, to try and do my bit for tourism and shoot some footage of driving the 612 along parts of the Wild Atlantic Way which is 2,500 Km of dedicated coastal road with scenery (see Wild Atlantic Way Official Travel Site | Discover things to see and do).

To my chagrin, when I thought I was recording I was not and when I thought I was I wasn't so I failed to record the most spectacular shots on what was (11th Feb 2017) a beautiful sunny day in the west of Ireland. Anyhow here are two of the ones that I was not recording!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/th2snt1421blxks/AAB_YiIp0tCLEYs_o6vkcdv-a?dl=0

Next time!

2. cam612

cam612 Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    UK
    Sounds wonderful. But your link to the footage doesn't work!

3. cam612

cam612 Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    UK
    Looks spectacular. What are the roads like in terms of quality and width?

4. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Breath taking scenery and beautiful car.

Thank you for sharing the "not recording" clips. Roads look great - only maybe a little narrow for the 612?

5. Cam612,

Roads vary in terms of quality - generally the width is fine. You will not be driving over 100mph (at least not for very long). The main thing is there is not a lot of traffic on many sections so you can drive 2-3 miles without meeting any cars in either direction. Obviously in the peak season June-August roads will be busier.

6. Makuono,

The 612 is a very wide car no doubt. You will need the brakes to be working well if you come around a corner to encounter another wide vehicle, but generally I have not had a problem driving the 612 anywhere even on very narrow roads. However, with the HGTS pack with sport exhaust, it can scare the roadside sheep :)

I will try and record properly the next time I am over on the WAW and will post.

7. Also meant to add that any mountain pass roads will be bumpy and in the 612 you really feel the bumps and also the sense of speed when accelerating much more than on a US freeway type of road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk