599 Forza Componenti Exhaust Valve Controller - Install | FerrariChat

599 Forza Componenti Exhaust Valve Controller - Install

Discussion in '612/599' started by papataori, Feb 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 papataori, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi fellow F-Chatters,

I have no ties to Forza. I recently had my mechanic install Forza's Exhaust Valve Controller kit on my 599 and thought the forum would benefit from a description and pics of the results.

Forza's hardware is very high-quality and it came with easy-to-follow instructions. Also, there are detailed electronic instructions on Forza's website. Here is a link to their 599 instructions where you don't have to drill any holes. -- 599 alt -- This is generally the route we took as we didn't drill any holes, though as you will see in my attached pics, we located the module in a different spot in the trunk.

We used model B2A ($350) and decided on a single pole push-button switch hookup instead of the remote control setup. It's an either/or situation. According to Forza, you cannot have both a switch and the remote control. Primary reason for going the switch route is because the switch setting is permanent. If you have the valves switched to open, they stay open even upon restart. The remote control option defaults back to factory settings between restarts. I wanted to be able to either keep valves open at all times, or press the switch and have it be in factory setting at all times. I did not choose to use the "always closed" functionality of the controller.

We installed the switch in the ashtray by following the included wiring instructions for hookup of wires to controller, then we had to find our own path to the ashtray without drilling any holes. My mechanic did a great job here and ran the switch wires around the driver's side of the trunk, through a preexisting grommet into the wheel well, into the bulkhead (removed the leather panel behind the seats) and ran the wire behind this panel over to the center console and up under the carpet/console to the ash tray. It took him 5 hrs for everything and I'm extremely happy with the results.

The car sounds much better now, in my opinion, and I find myself always leaving the valves open. Nice burbles and cracks at low speed and upon downshift with the revmatch. As most of you know, in factory setting, the valves would be closed until about 3,500 to 4,000 rpm. So, the car was very quiet at low speeds and then almost artificially loud as the valves magically open once you get into it. Also, from the factory, when you initially start the car it's loud for a few seconds and then you hear the valves clink closed and the car gets quiet. No more. Puts on a better show for onlookers and sounds much better to me. If I need it to be quiet, I can now press the button in my ash tray, keep rpms low and no more waking the neighbors. Again, I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pics attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DXB599

DXB599 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nice and clean install and great to share your experience. Looking to get one myself, so this was helpful.

3. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I have it on my 599 too. Works well and build quality is great. However when the car is cold, the valves sometimes (often in fact) do not open. Once the car is warm it works without problem. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

4. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Default position of the valves is open, so I don't know how that could be happening.

5. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    Have you tried contacting Steve Bisel at Forza about this? He is the owner. He was very helpful and responsive to a few questions we had during install.

6. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I will do that. Wanted to know if someone else experienced the same issue. Cheers.