another lovely day in the swiss mountains | FerrariChat

another lovely day in the swiss mountains

Discussion in '612/599' started by swiss612, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    #1 swiss612, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I promised we'd soon have 3 scaglietti together :) and on top of that 3 generations
    Gen1 (argento)
    OTO (blue)
    HGTC 2006 (Silverstone grey)
    It was another great driving day

Michel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  3. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mine was clearly faster but, as you can see, I was stuck in traffic! :)

4. Jamarico

Jamarico Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    ...enough time to enjoy the awesome interior of your car. 😉

5. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    You gentlemen do realize how lucky you are- I'm very envious. Incredible senery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Thanks Schwoo, Switzerland is a beautiful country, we are fortunate.
    What you are seeing here is the end of Lake Zurich with the Santis (peak) in the background
    The road we were on was probably 2.5 meter wide, if you think the scaglietti is 1.9meter that makes overtaking and crossing complicated, luckily there is no traffic on these roads

7. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    Thanks Marco, do we have a 4th?

I'm looking at it now and, even though I was there, that is a great picture.
    I'm wondering if we can make some money renting ourselves out for weddings?

8. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Fantastic-don't think i've ever seen three 612's together before...!

9. Jamarico

Jamarico Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    ...I was interested in buying your car before you did it but I went for a 599 at the end.
    It was a tough decision since your car is the best looking 612 I've ever seen. Enjoy it in good health!

10. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks for sharing. Switzerland is one of the most impressive countries I've visited. Is Ferrari (or exotic car) ownership expensive there? (For example, I've learned that a Ferrari will cost 3-4x more in Singapore than in the US).

11. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Switzerland is the best country for owning sports cars and probably offers the best second hand market in the world. Roads are excellent, speed is limited to 70 MPH on the motorway (so no autobahn speed ) taxes are low and safety is high. You can take your Ferrari for grocery shopping or work or... does not need to be a point A to point A car.
    One caveat, traffic fines are really high, so you need to learn to enjoy yourself within speed limits.

12. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    I think the back of the 612 is really beautiful. Watching two of them weaving around in front of you through the mountain passes is just wonderful. Thanks guys for a really enjoyable day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron

Thank you. Good to know. Kind of reminds me of Monaco (where it seems people can drive and park their exotics anywhere w/o being keyed or vandalized).

14. Craddock

Craddock Rookie

Nov 12, 2016
    Swiss, Let me know if you'd like to make it a photo of four sometime in the future and I'll be sure to ping you a PM next time I'm heading down to my sister-in-law's near Basel... BTW, totally agree - Switzerland is an awesome place to have a car like a 612, but your caveat about the speed limits is well made (as i know from painful experience!) FWIW, i've spend a thoroughly enjoyable weekend tootling round the modest hills of south east england in mine this weekend - but its not the same as the majesty of the alps!

15. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Three (!!) 612s in the same picture.

Doesn't this violate some kind of laws of physics? :)

Seriously, fantastic pic and a nice variety of the model.

Thanks for posting.

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I thought you were on a driveway. That's a two way road?!

Great photo, and I'm mildly surprised no snow.

17. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    Two way but quiet although shortly after the photo we had to scramble when a car came the other way. Luckily there was a passing place just further up.
    We were just below the snow line there, went above it later in the day. Not sure if we have picture of that though?

18. Shiva_Austria

Shiva_Austria Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Austria
    Fantastic pic!
    3 Scagliettis - wonderful!!!!
    Are you on Instagram as well?

Greetings from Styria/Austria
    Chris

19. Giovannikoll1

Giovannikoll1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Giovanni
    #19 Giovannikoll1, May 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron

Very nice...and a manual!

21. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    That's my car but with Cuio instead of crema ;)

22. swiss612

swiss612 Karting

May 10, 2016
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Michel
    Hi Giovanni, I am happy that you revived this thread
    It would be great to gather, it is not that complicated if we do it in the week end, we are all in the area of zurich/zug if you are around and it is not complicated, we could break the record !!!!
    My 612 needs to strech its legs, I have focused on other priorities lately as I am initiating my kids to RC buggy racing, so we are racing and fixing...more fixing than racing... great learning for them, they are built just like Ferrari cars...
    By the way, is your 612 the car from Pierro Ferrari ? I have seen it for sale, thought it was the same shade of blue and manual, it had a unique cylinder firing plaque on the engine bay if I remember
    The 2 other cars are John and Jeremy, I am sure they will be delighted to gather again
    And weather gets better... well almost

Do not hesitate to PM me

Cheers

Michel

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Great picture never seen 3 612s together especially in same pic. But I went to a F dealership grand opening last year and mine and two others were there but I think I was the only one who noticed as parking was limited and no way to park together for a photo op.
    You are lucky being able to drive and park with abandon, in the US parking is always a critical issue for using my car for A to B driving, mostly A to A driving unless I know what parking will be like.

24. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland

I'm in too!

25. HKS479

HKS479 Karting

Sep 23, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    I have popped down to Milan for the weekend. I really wanted to bring the 612 but in the end I decided against. When I got here was glad I didn't Switzerland is a great place to have these cars, the speed limits may be tightly enforced but from general road manners to parking it pretty civilised. I've never yet experienced any negative reaction anywhere in my 612. If you drive on the mountain passes (a quiet week day is best) you would be hard pushed to break the speed limit anyway. And of course Germany and unrestricted autobahns is an hour in the other direction from home.