612 at a $25k discount | FerrariChat

612 at a $25k discount

Discussion in '612/599' started by greybeast, Feb 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Selling a $200k car and can't even throw a lug in there for pictures?

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Makes you wonder why a dealer would advertise a 612 as an F1A instead of an OTO. It is not like there were any three pedal OTOs.

4. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    #4 greybeast, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    True. One would expect the headline to include "OTO" as well as "HGT2", which it appears to be equipped with at first glance.

Edit: The direct ad from dealer site does address both of those issues. Car is really nicely set up. Hope it sells for asking price.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, saw that. My title would have been 2009 Ferrari HGT2 612 OTO Scaglietti.

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I know a couple guys in sales at that dealership as I have looked at a couple of 612s they had before I got my car. One guy told me that they originally sold very, very few 612s so it doesn't surprise me how they listed the car. In an early conservation the same .sales guy told me that the OTO cars had chains and not belts. I questioned him on that and later he emailed me that I was correct that all 612s had belts. But that just demonstrates how little most dealers know about 612s.
    Even the dealership where I purchased my car didn't realize my car was an OTO until after I had agreed to their full asking price as advertised. I got the build sheet and figured it was either a 08 completely equipped like an OTO or it was an OTO. Later they figured it was an OTO and honored the price as I already had put down a substantial deposit.
    Just so few OTO cars sold in the US by most dealers most don't have much knowledge about the cars at least from my 18 month search experience.

7. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Nice. I like my OTO a lot. I paid similar money for same miles last year.

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My dealer sold one-- mine! And it was a special order, but then all OTOs were.